Oceania newbie

Travels with Lisa

hi everyone

We just booked our first Oceania cruise. As an Oceania newbie, does anyone have any tips that I should know about? Would you recommend the wine dinner and if so, which menu? Do both cabin mates need to purchase a beverage package if one does?

I'm sure I'll have other questions as we go along!

thanks

Liz

Both cabin mates need to take the same oLife benefit. Whether that's the booze package, tours or OBC. I THINK but am not sure -- because we've never taken the liquor package -- that if one person prefers to upgrade to the premium package, that would be okay. I'll be corrected if I am wrong!

I recommend the La Reserve dinner. ALL of them -- although I do have to say that on RIVIERA last May I had paid for the new menu (bourgeoise) but when the day came somehow the ship had lost our reservation, so they replaced that dinner with the Connoisseur. It's a good thing I had my latest invoice with me, but that might not have been necessary. It just helped to have the printout for the staff to see.

As Connoisseur is our favorite -- and most expensive -- I definitely recommend it. But they are all wonderful. At least to my taste buds ...

Since you mentioned the "wine dinner", I presume you are on either MARINA or RIVIERA. The wine dinner is not offered on the smaller ships.

Mura

Welcome to Oceania forum

I am sure if you read through some of the posts here & the FAQ's on Oceania website you will get a better idea of how Oceania works

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

The Wine Pairing dinner are just on the O Class ships Riviera & Marina

hopefully someone will comment on what one is best for them

No both pax in the same do not have to purchase a beverage package

the exception is if you choose the House Select package as your O Life Perk then both need to choose that package but if you want to upgrade to the Prestige package

both pax do not need to upgrade

Tip

forget what other cruise lines do or do not do & enjoy Oceania for what it is

Enjoy

hi everyone

We just booked our first Oceania cruise. As an Oceania newbie, does anyone have any tips that I should know about? Would you recommend the wine dinner and if so, which menu? Do both cabin mates need to purchase a beverage package if one does?

I'm sure I'll have other questions as we go along!

thanks

Liz

We were on the Riviera last Oct. and truly enjoyed La Bourgeoise menu in La Reserve , the wine pairings from Wine Spectator were spot on. I do not know about the beverage pkg. I usually buy the premium bev. pkg. and my wife uses the OBC to buy her drinks on board. If you have the bev. pkg. you will get a 20% discount at La Reserve.

welcome aboard. enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and great people you will meet.

Welcome to Oceania forum

Tip

forget what other cruise lines do or do not do & enjoy Oceania for what it is

Enjoy

Without question, do your self a huge favor and forget what other lines have or have not done. is the best advice ever.

.Enjoy the discovery of the moment... you dont have to do, see or get anything... It is not a contest. ENJOY the cruise for what it is and what you discover during it. Take it day by day.