A few last minute questions

Jack E Dawson

In just a little over a week my wife and I will be taking our second cruise on the QM2 and as was the first, this will also be a west-bound TA. Despite having done this just a little over a year ago I find myself feeling like an unprepared newbi. So here are the questions:

What is the latest we can arrive the departure terminal in SH and still be within "normal" departure time?

Is there any difference in the menu or service between Lunch and Dinner in the Veranda?

Would it be rude to our table-mates (requested a table for 6) to book the Veranda on departure night (we would of course let the Britannia maitre'd know in advance)?

On our one previous cruise we never did room service but think it would be nice to try. We tend to be night owls so often sleep-in. What time does room service stop serving breakfast?

Who will be the Captain on the Fashion Week Cruise QM2 departing Sept. 2nd?

I wish I could promise that this will be all of the questions but likely not. My wife is always asking me if I am paranoid but I think the real question is, am I paranoid enough?

Thanks in advance

In just a little over a week my wife and I will be taking our second cruise on the QM2 and as was the first, this will also be a west-bound TA. Despite having done this just a little over a year ago I find myself feeling like an unprepared newbi. So here are the questions:

What is the latest we can arrive the departure terminal in SH and still be within "normal" departure time?

Is there any difference in the menu or service between Lunch and Dinner in the Veranda?

Would it be rude to our table-mates (requested a table for 6) to book the Veranda on departure night (we would of course let the Britannia maitre'd know in advance)?

On our one previous cruise we never did room service but think it would be nice to try. We tend to be night owls so often sleep-in. What time does room service stop serving breakfast?

Who will be the Captain on the Fashion Week Cruise QM2 departing Sept. 2nd?

I wish I could promise that this will be all of the questions but likely not. My wife is always asking me if I am paranoid but I think the real question is, am I paranoid enough?

Thanks in advance

Your Check in time and the Cruise Terminal in Southampton, (this may be QE11 terminal instead of the usual Ocean Terminal) will be on your Cruise ticket information, latest time is usually around 3.30pm

The Verandah is presently trying a new concept of "Steakhouse" so not sure if menu changes or will be same in September.

The old menu did and We found Lunch better value than dinner.

Not rude at all as long as you let someone know and to inform your table mates that you are not turning up, otherwise they will be waiting for you to attend your table before ordering.

No Captain list published anymore, but someone will post .

Breakfast menu must be put out by 1am and last delivery used to be 9-30am to 10am for the Breakfast delivery, although you can ring down for room service anytime.

Edited by Pennbank