Just off the magic sailing Aug 18-25

travelqueen101

I thought the Magic was a phenomenal ship! The buffet wasn't the best, but still the salad bar and many of the veggies and sides were delicious. There are many other options - BBQ, Guys Burgers, Pizza, Blue Iguana, MDR. Lots to eat 24/7.

The time of year makes a huge difference to our enjoyment, personally. During the school breaks, the ships are jam-packed with families enjoying their vacations. So it is much more crowded than late September until Thanksgiving week, when I much prefer to cruise.

The Magic was second only to the Conquest (my favorite)!

I thought the Magic was a phenomenal ship! The buffet wasn't the best, but still the salad bar and many of the veggies and sides were delicious. There are many other options - BBQ, Guys Burgers, Pizza, Blue Iguana, MDR. Lots to eat 24/7.

The time of year makes a huge difference to our enjoyment, personally. During the school breaks, the ships are jam-packed with families enjoying their vacations. So it is much more crowded than late September until Thanksgiving week, when I much prefer to cruise.

Ironically I am currently looking at cruises for fall 2019....right now split between Conquest Western and Magic Southern.....why is Conquest your favorite?

Did you ever get the chance to try out Mongolian Wok or Tandoor? Those are the two spots I've heard the most good things about. If everything else is terrible, I'm totally fine eating pizza all week too :')

Seems many who criticize the lido food fail to wait in line for an omelet or the Mongolian Wok. IMO the MW is excellent. The Omelet station is very good...especially when you request eggs cooked to order...three sunny-side up please. Add some toast and some fruit and skim milk. Oh my!

I am insterested in being able to text my husband using Facebook messenger it worked on the Fascination and Miracle earlier this year for me. However the internet was slow and posting any pictures was really early in the morning. Were you able to text?
the internet never worked - we got a credit for the internet package after the 3rd day - what I highly recommend is to install the What's Up app - able to use it all the time - texting as well as video chat - similar to FaceTime.

Seems many who criticize the lido food fail to wait in line for an omelet or the Mongolian Wok. IMO the MW is excellent. The Omelet station is very good...especially when you request eggs cooked to order...three sunny-side up please. Add some toast and some fruit and skim milk. Oh my!
never waited on line as it was too long of a wait - MDR was much better and no lines. Port days no problem.

I agree, the Magic is a great ship - just had a few hiccups with the timing of our cruise. will not stop me from planning our next cruise.