Where are the Sun and Sky after Aug. 2019?

Firstin87

Hi,

I posted this question last week, but got no reply as it went far down the forum list quickly. We've done a bit of ship research, and I'm hoping that my more descriptive thread title helps get any information.

We're looking to book a Panama Canal cruise in early 2020 - 15 days from Florida to California similar to one that sails in Jan. 2019 that we had to postpone. NCL is only listing 5 cruises for Jan.-Feb. 2020, on the Gem and the Joy. However, the Sun and Star are not listed as being in use during this time. After doing some ship research, we found that both ships dock in Florida in mid-August 2019 and have nothing planned thereafter. I thought the Sun was just in drydock, so can't imagine it would be out of service again just over a year later.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with these ships after next August? Or when NCL will post additional Panama Canal cruises for early 2020? I saw on another thread that there are problems with Nicaragua and I'm wondering if NCL is adjusting their itinerary to skip that port and perhaps that is the delay.

Thanks for any info or ideas.