Drink ideas for Open Bar on Sky

I will be on a 4-night cruise on the Sky with Open Bar. I am looking for recommendations to get sample some great drinks. I don't drink beer at all. However, I enjoy wine and will also sample mixed drinks (no shots or other straight alcohol).

So here is my question- for those of you who may know the alcohol options included on Sky:

When ordering mojitos or margaritas, should I specify a brand of liquor to get the best quality/taste? Perhaps my inexperienced palate will not be able to tell the difference between the "cheap" stuff and the better stuff...

Any other specialty drinks with specified alcohol that you love on the Sky Open Bar menu? Way back in college, I used to enjoy Long Island Iced Tea. I assume the bartenders will make common drinks, even if they are not on the menu?

I appreciate any recommendations!

I will be on a 4-night cruise on the Sky with Open Bar. I am looking for recommendations to get sample some great drinks. I don't drink beer at all. However, I enjoy wine and will also sample mixed drinks (no shots or other straight alcohol).

So here is my question- for those of you who may know the alcohol options included on Sky:

When ordering mojitos or margaritas, should I specify a brand of liquor to get the best quality/taste? Perhaps my inexperienced palate will not be able to tell the difference between the "cheap" stuff and the better stuff...

Any other specialty drinks with specified alcohol that you love on the Sky Open Bar menu? Way back in college, I used to enjoy Long Island Iced Tea. I assume the bartenders will make common drinks, even if they are not on the menu?

Ask them to make the drinks of the day fresh. They will do it. Or go to the bar forward on deck above the pool. They typically don't have a big vat of premade drink of the day.

for me the drink i always get first on any ncl ship is a rebellious fish. Its a ncl drink for me. It is sweet so I only get one. I drink mostly vodka drinks so I always ask them to make with Titos.

Yes the will make most anything. remember to bring some cash to tip the servers and bartenders. They really do a good job and deserve it.

If you drink wine ask at dinner what they have, you don't have to settle for the red or white only option. They have several different wine available.

The sky is great short get away, we went three time last year. Your open bar is also available on GSC but they have less to choose from. they ran out of bourbon early in the day last time we were there.

There are some bar menus on this link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2539744

Go to the Mojito bar above the atrium. Sit and work your way down the menu from top to bottom, in one seating. Great fun!

There are some bar menus on this link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2539744

BirdTravels- thanks for the link with your review. In your post, you included a picture of a vending machine with sodas and Monster Energy Drinks (my husbands caffeine delivery product of choice). Can we purchase those and bring them on the ship, or will they confiscate them after that point?