VOOM Surf vs VOOM Surf + Stream ?

karen_g

Ooh, good to know. I'll also check with my cell phone company to see what their charges are. When I asked about international calling while at port, the guy kept asking what ship and what dates my cruise was. I thought that was a little more information than Verizon or anyone other than family and friends needed to know.

7 minutes ago, LoriGayle12 said:

Ooh, good to know. I'll also check with my cell phone company to see what their charges are. When I asked about international calling while at port, the guy kept asking what ship and what dates my cruise was. I thought that was a little more information than Verizon or anyone other than family and friends needed to know.

The Verizon rep must have misunderstood and thought you were asking about service while at sea.  They do need to know the cruise line and ship to confirm service at sea.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

If it's really just a few texts, then you can just use the ship's cell tower  - usually at about 50 cents per text.

Depending on the carrier and cell plan. I have AT&T and can receive international texts for free and like you said I pay $.50 per text I send...