Taxi or ship transfer from airport in Venice to Cruise terminal?

treasurer

Hi Cruisers,

We are flying in to Venice for a cruise next month and don't know whether we should purchase the ship transfer (usually pretty pricey) or get a taxi. Does anyone know if it is easy to get a taxi and be understood in English? How about the fare in Euros? Do any of you have experience with this? Thanks for your help.

Hi Cruisers,

We are flying in to Venice for a cruise next month and don't know whether we should purchase the ship transfer (usually pretty pricey) or get a taxi. Does anyone know if it is easy to get a taxi and be understood in English? How about the fare in Euros? Do any of you have experience with this? Thanks for your help.

We took a water taxi for 4 of us. It was convenient to the airport , BUT, it took almost 1 hour with all the stops. It has a stop right at the

ships dock. We should have hire a private water taxi and been to the ship in 20 minutes.

Eaglewar....Rick

We found the taxi to be quite easy to use from the ship to the airport. I am sure it would be just as easy from the airport to the ship as well. We stayed in Venice precruise so used the water taxi to get to the ship. English was not a problem at all. I do not recall the cost, as DH handled that, but I believe it was in Euros. Still cheaper and easier IMHO than a ship transfer.

Don’t confuse the water taxi (private, expensive) with the water “bus” which makes many stops along its route.

From the airport you would probably look to an automobile taxi. Drivers generally speak enough English for this - it is pretty easy to show them your cruise luggage tags if you happen to get one with limited English. They will get the idea quickly.

We took a private water taxi and cab to the airport from our hotel.. it was expensive, but there was 4 of us, and we didn’t want a long walk. My daughter took the people mover from the ship to Roma Plaza it was quite reasonable, then the airport bus.

Hi Cruisers,

You're in Venice, you really should take some kind of water transportation. If you have some time take the water bus or the private water taxi if there is a time constraint. It's great experience.

Taking the trip by water is a must for the experience. Yes you can get a car taxi or the people mover but there is nothing like a water taxi. It is more difficult on the water bus if you have luggage - that really is the basic public transport for Venice and folk don't appreciate large amounts of luggage any more than they would on their normal commuter route.

When we went out of Venice a couple of years ago the first night was an overnight? We were able to buy unlimited trips on the Ship's dedicated transport. If sounds expensive on paper but in practice you just hop on whenever you want and over the 48 hours we were in dock it certainly worked out cheaper.

I took the bus and it was super simple and cheap. Picks up at the curb rightfully outside baggage collection and drops you where the people mover is over to the docks. Simple.

Agree. Company is AVTO. Think we paid 6 euros for one way.

There are plenty of taxis just outside the terminal, ready to take passengers to the airport. We we a group of six and easily got a taxi to take all of us directly to the airport. Price was about 80 euros for the 6 of us.

We booked a taxi, used the same company from airport to hotel x 3 from hotel to cruise ship from cruise ship to airport.

There were 6 of us with a lot of luggage, driver there early with a sign, helped with luggage, very easy .

But I did see a lot of taxi's available, but since we were a party of 6 I wanted to make sure we would have 1 taxi

Agree. Company is AVTO. Think we paid 6 euros for one way.

Another vote for the bus.

We paid over 100 euros for a water taxi from the airport to Venice on arrival. No one tells you how far it is to the water taxi jetty from arrivals. The whole transfer took well over an hour

On the way back, we bought bus tickets from the kiosk in Piazzale Roma, comfortable coach with luggage stored underneath. Transfer time to the door outside departure check in desks, 20 minutes. 8 euros.

No contest.

From the airport to the Ship my wife and I booked with -:coneglianolimoservice@gmail.com Irene was very quick to reply to our inquiry and quoted 50 euro for a Mercedes Van to accommodate 6 passengers. They were waiting for us just outside with a sign. This was less than what Celebrity charged last year.

From the ship to the hotel we used a water taxi it was wonderful we paid 69 euro then from the hotel to the airport the water taxi was 105 euro. Not that expensive for the experience. We booked with - https://www.venicelink.com

I believe the OP's original question was ..... whether to take a taxi or Celebrity transfer?

Take the taxi...... it's easy, the driver will understand enough English and you move on your schedule. No waiting for the bus to fill up.

Taxis are easy to get, as in any airport, and will drop you right at the ship. Docks at the airport are a much longer walk.

How much is the transfer thru celebrity? I am 75 and can't handle all the luggage.

Last year Celebrity quoted me $60.00 for my wife and me which is a fair price. I booked a private transfer for about the same price (little less) and did not have to wait for a bus to fill up. I had a porter at the airport handle all our bags and never touched them until we unpacked on the ship. My wife likes to pack!

Cool Cruiser, You are always so helpful. You calmed my fears last July about my trip to Portugal on the Isabella and now here you are with info about a transfer. My spouse and I (Joyce and Jane) are both 75 and can't run anymore.This will be our 55th anniversary. That is why we need a bus transfer as we are concerned about who the taxi driver might be. I am sure your wife would understand our fears if you were not there to protect her. The older we get, the more fearful we become in this crazy world.

Cool Cruiser, You are always so helpful. You calmed my fears last July about my trip to Portugal on the Isabella and now here you are with info about a transfer. My spouse and I (Joyce and Jane) are both 75 and can't run anymore.This will be our 55th anniversary. That is why we need a bus transfer as we are concerned about who the taxi driver might be. I am sure your wife would understand our fears if you were not there to protect her. The older we get, the more fearful we become in this crazy world.

If you take a proper licensed cab from the airport what do you think is going to happen to you? Certainly much easier and more comfortable than a coach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've just done a Venice- Venice cruise on Constellation. We pre-booked a water taxi online (110 Euros fixed price to anywhere on Venice island) and when we got to Marco Polo airport we went to the office in the concourse with our pre-printed voucher. They directed us to the water taxi terminal for our own private water taxi. The water taxi terminal is some way from the concourse, but most of it is moving travelators and escalators, so little carriage of baggage required. We asked the water taxi to take us via the Grand Canal to our apartment in Castello (instead of a more direct route) and he charged us an extra 40 Euros. We sailed the full length of the Grand Canal and then past St. Marks and the Doge's Palace and it took around 45 mins from the airport so well worth it.

On returning to Venice , we left the ship at 0745 for a 1200 flight, and had decided to chance getting a cab/minivan to Marco Polo. We weren't sure how easy this would be, but were inundated with offers as we left the terminal. We spoke to a Driver who said it was 45 Euros to the airport , so we hopped in his Mercedes Vito, and the journey took approx 20 mins. I think that we were in the airport terminal at 0820. The driver loaded our cases into his van and unloaded them onto a trolley at the airport. In reality we could have left the ship a bit later, but wanted to be at the airport in good time. Constellation was the only ship at Venice Cruise Terminal too