Show Times and Special Dinners

jamscckmc

Going on just a 7 night to Cuba and wondering which nights to do the specialty restaurants. What time is the nightly show? Are there special nights in the MDR that we shouldn't miss? Is there a captains night or a farewell dinner that the captain attends? Thanks!

I seldom go to shows, so can't remember when they were; sorry. I don't remember any special nights in the MDR, just occasionally in the World Cafe (pasta night or fish fry out back, for example). There was a low-keyed staff farewell on one of the last nights on our Midnight Sun cruise, but it was before dinner (except possibly for those who like to dine at 6!!) That timing was nice because almost everyone could attend. It was held in the 2-story atrium, nice but no huge deal, and I believe it was the night BEFORE the last night. If you book a specialty restaurant fairly early you might not be able to stay until the end of the show - but at least you will probably be dressed fairly nicely if you attend that, and so could just go to dinner from there!

When we did our Cuba cruise, I avoided booking on the night we were going to be staying overnight in Havana. I usually try to space our my reservations over the course of the cruise, and try for one on a sea day, though I'm usually not successful. (Unless you're in a suite, available reservations on sea days will go pretty fast unless you're willing to eat at 8:30 or 9. We're not.) wouldn't recommend going to tea and eating much on days you have a specialty restaurant reservation There are some ports where I want to be on deck or on my veranda for sailaway, so if I know a particular sailaway will be scenic (Kotor, Venice, Valetta - but Florida and Cuba aren't up at the top of my list!) I'll stay away from reserving on those evenings. If you know you'll be doing a pretty tiring day in port in a particular, you may want to steer clear of a reservation on that evening.

I recall reading two separate reports regarding show times. The first one mentioned a single show at 21:15 in the Theatre every evening and then a later report on a different ships had 2 shows per evening at 19:30 & 21:30.

Thanks all. Question for roothy, could you tell m about your cruise to Cuba? We also booked the overnight in Havana and would love to hear about the hotel, dinner and show. Also how long the bus ride was. I wish they docked in Havana. Any info on the cruise would be great. Thanks!