Tips/tricks/secrets. Anthem of the seas

Is it very difficult to get 2 lounge chairs in the solarium throughout the day? We are hoping we don’t have to go to breakfast super early in order to get a chair. We’re not picky about where the chairs are, as long as they’re in the solarium.

Not as bad as getting chairs in the sun by the pool but.......if you show up at 10 on a sea day you will be lucky to find 1, 2 together will be tough. Come at say 3 or 4 and plenty of chairs.

There are couches and chairs also available to relax on. Those are not as popular as the loungers.

Truly depends on your sailing, being flexible will location helps walk all around, the most popular are facing the ocean, especially in the front of the ship. The closer to the doors you are the best chance you have.

Not as bad as getting chairs in the sun by the pool but.......if you show up at 10 on a sea day you will be lucky to find 1, 2 together will be tough. Come at say 3 or 4 and plenty of chairs.

There are couches and chairs also available to relax on. Those are not as popular as the loungers.

Truly depends on your sailing, being flexible will location helps walk all around, the most popular are facing the ocean, especially in the front of the ship. The closer to the doors you are the best chance you have.

Maybe our best bet is to eat breakfast in the solarium too? Can we bring food to the loungers? I don’t want to “reserve” a lounger with a towel, as I don’t like it when other guests do this. I’ve never attempted to “reserve” a lounger with towels or other items before going to breakfast or elsewhere on a cruise ship.

I second the poster who recommended enjoying 270 for a light breakfast. Especially if you are an early riser, you will have the impressive venue and views mostly to yourself.

Our experience with MTD was actually quite good on Anthem, although this seems to vary by sailing. We never waited at all, and sometimes went to dinner at times completely different than what we had reserved (we were a party of two). Servers here are still happy to bring more than one of anything, which we usually take advantage of on formal night to create our own surf 'n turf.

If you're at all adventurous, try Wonderland. It's a fabulous experience.

Although reports of a limit for the beverage package are out there, we were never charged a cent for a single drink, alcoholic or otherwise. We do tip additional in cash, but I'm not sure things would've been different had we not.

It can be tricky to find a spot in the sun on sea days. If you don't need to be by the pool, there's a great sun deck right below the FlowRider on the back of the ship (I think deck 15).

We found the gym to be busy, but enjoyed playing basketball just the two of us in the SeaPlex before all of the kiddos on the ship woke up.

If you can handle it and want to get on the road early upon debarkation, self-carry your luggage. No joke, we were off the ship, through customs, and pulling out of the parking garage in ten minutes flat. Never have I experienced a more seamless debarkation.

I second the poster who recommended enjoying 270 for a light breakfast. Especially if you are an early riser, you will have the impressive venue and views mostly to yourself.

Our experience with MTD was actually quite good on Anthem, although this seems to vary by sailing. We never waited at all, and sometimes went to dinner at times completely different than what we had reserved (we were a party of two). Servers here are still happy to bring more than one of anything, which we usually take advantage of on formal night to create our own surf 'n turf.

If you're at all adventurous, try Wonderland. It's a fabulous experience.

Although reports of a limit for the beverage package are out there, we were never charged a cent for a single drink, alcoholic or otherwise. We do tip additional in cash, but I'm not sure things would've been different had we not.

It can be tricky to find a spot in the sun on sea days. If you don't need to be by the pool, there's a great sun deck right below the FlowRider on the back of the ship (I think deck 15).

We found the gym to be busy, but enjoyed playing basketball just the two of us in the SeaPlex before all of the kiddos on the ship woke up.

If you can handle it and want to get on the road early upon debarkation, self-carry your luggage. No joke, we were off the ship, through customs, and pulling out of the parking garage in ten minutes flat. Never have I experienced a more seamless debarkation.

Where are the reports of a limit to the beverage package?

My understanding was that it's completely unlimited? (Deluxe that is)

Where are the reports of a limit to the beverage package?

My understanding was that it's completely unlimited? (Deluxe that is)

It is unlimited as far as the number of drinks you can get per day with the deluxe package. There is a cap on the cost of the drinks covered by the package and I believe that is $13. For any drink above the cap, you pay the difference in price plus an 18% gratuity on that difference. So if it is a difference of $1, you pay $1.18.

It is unlimited as far as the number of drinks you can get per day with the deluxe package. There is a cap on the cost of the drinks covered by the package and I believe that is $13. For any drink above the cap, you pay the difference in price plus an 18% gratuity on that difference. So if it is a difference of $1, you pay $1.18.

Ah ok, I was aware of that. I thought the comment meant a limit in terms of number of drinks per hour / day etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe our best bet is to eat breakfast in the solarium too? Can we bring food to the loungers? I don’t want to “reserve” a lounger with a towel, as I don’t like it when other guests do this. I’ve never attempted to “reserve” a lounger with towels or other items before going to breakfast or elsewhere on a cruise ship.

Absolutely yes you can eat by the loungers. If you plan on spending your day enjoying a couple of loungers. I would have one of you sit in a chair put your stuff on your other chair and send that person off to get food. Then trade off if you want more of something.

The Solarium Breakfast Buffett had everything I wanted but I am not big breakfast person.

Also if you want fresh squeezed OJ (the not free stuff unless you have the right package.) the best place to get it is at the Solarium Bar. The line is always much shorter than in the Windjammer.

Just to add. We found the Solarium Bistro had the Best Fries on the ship. Made for great tasty mid afternoon snack to pass around our group when relaxing on loungers with drinks in hand.

The only sad thing I found about the Solarium Bistro is I found the Breakfast to start Late. I'm an early riser and was well past my 3rd cup of coffee by the time it opened. So I did like the breakfast options in the Solarium, but usually already had breakfast (Mostly from 270)

dp

Hi :)

Since Café @ Two70° is enjoyed by so many as an alternative or an escape from the Windjammer buffet, I'll drop a few Café @ Two70° menus below.

There are items available that are not listed on the menus. One example is smoked salmon.

If you don't see something on the Café @ Two70° menu, just ask if it is available, or if it can be made.

e2a99509-4f99-468d-b47f-aa6cca59e577-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

42913de5-e6c3-4703-9d33-260bd492758f-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

42913de5-e6c3-4703-9d33-260bd492758f-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

794dacc1-02db-4fec-9f42-cd25457dbd9b-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Absolutely yes you can eat by the loungers. If you plan on spending your day enjoying a couple of loungers. I would have one of you sit in a chair put your stuff on your other chair and send that person off to get food. Then trade off if you want more of something.

The Solarium Breakfast Buffett had everything I wanted but I am not big breakfast person.

Also if you want fresh squeezed OJ (the not free stuff unless you have the right package.) the best place to get it is at the Solarium Bar. The line is always much shorter than in the Windjammer.

Sounds terrific! My husband will love fresh squeezed orange juice and we bought the deluxe drink package so it’s included. Do they have other types of fresh squeezed juices? I’m not an orange juice person. Any fruit smoothies?

DW and I were discussing our trip last night and she asked a question I hadn't seen addressed. If you have any time dining are you seated with others or are we more likely to be seated by ourselves? We are currently waitlisted for early seating and may decide to switch to any time as the cruise gets closer.

Yay fruit smoothies!

Anyone have a photo of the bar menu from the solarium they can share?

Hi :)

I'll drop a 'Sunshine Bar' menu from the Solarium below for you.

If you don't see a smoothie you like, just ask. I have had smoothies made that were not on the menu.

10f36b52-9f4f-4800-95aa-08608333c958-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

59b18ace-dc7c-4175-aaef-e1c8811c546e-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Do all the MDRs have the same dinner menu every night or is it different?

On a 7-night sailing, when are the formal nights? Is lobster tail served on formal night? Trying to figure out when it would be best to go to Wonderland as I’m going to surprise my husband as his Hanukkah gift and book it in December for our April cruise.

Any way of seeing them before the cruise so we can choose which night to go to Wonderland?

If you post the itinerary you are considering, there's a chance that there may be a review here with scanned menus.