Family entertainment on Breakaway.

Did Getaway in 2016 and had a great time, but we more or less called it a night after dinner.

The whole freestyle dining and coordinating with shows confuses me and I’m not even sure what there is for families to do in the evenings. We are two parents, an active grandma and six “kids” ages 6-18.

We are planning to make reservations for dinner for each night to secure dining times, but what time should be shoot for in order to do evening entertainment? And what is there to do?

Thank you!

Splash academy is open until 10:30. Our kids love it. Older kids can come and go from the Entourage club as they please.

Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos) is family friendly until later at night. It's pretty fun.

There's family karaoke at one of the venues (on the Escape it was at 5 O'Clock Somewhere). On the Breakaway, I believe it's Fat Cats.

There's a family glow party on the glow party night, and even once it transitions to the "adult" glow party, it is pretty tame. Just a lot of loud music and dancing.

There's usually some kind of "game show" / entertainment happening in the atrium.

Sit outside on the waterfront and enjoy the sounds of nothingness. Go up on the top deck and look at the stars.

O'Sheehan's has two candlepin/duckpin size bowling lanes, air hockey, arcade basketball (for a fee).

It really all depends on what your crew is into.

I've found there is plenty to do at night for an entire family.

I took kids to Rock or Ages and on Escape also the Brat Pack musical. There were lots of kids of every age in both shows. That said, personally I am not worried about a few F bombs which I thought were gratuitous or the sexual inuendo. If that bothers you that will be out (one or two people did walk out with their kids). There is no violence in either show. (which I personally wouldn't take my kids to see) They are both a bit anti-establishment too if that bothers you.

Some of the comedy (the early show) is also family oriented and your older kids will probably like the adult comedy (Someone else can confirm if they they have an age limit?)

Shows like Howl at the Moon are fun for families of all ages. As stated earlier, early comedy shows are family oriented, late shows are 18+ ( will be designated in your Freestyle Daily).

As pointed out above, the best place for kids is the Splash Academy (up to age 17). Then parents and grandma can go and have some adult fun.

Splash academy is open until 10:30. Our kids love it. Older kids can come and go from the Entourage club as they please.

Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos) is family friendly until later at night. It's pretty fun.

There's family karaoke at one of the venues (on the Escape it was at 5 O'Clock Somewhere). On the Breakaway, I believe it's Fat Cats.

There's a family glow party on the glow party night, and even once it transitions to the "adult" glow party, it is pretty tame. Just a lot of loud music and dancing.

There's usually some kind of "game show" / entertainment happening in the atrium.

Sit outside on the waterfront and enjoy the sounds of nothingness. Go up on the top deck and look at the stars.

O'Sheehan's has two candlepin/duckpin size bowling lanes, air hockey, arcade basketball (for a fee).

It really all depends on what your crew is into.

I've found there is plenty to do at night for an entire family.

I took kids to Rock or Ages and on Escape also the Brat Pack musical. There were lots of kids of every age in both shows. That said, personally I am not worried about a few F bombs which I thought were gratuitous or the sexual inuendo. If that bothers you that will be out (one or two people did walk out with their kids). There is no violence in either show. (which I personally wouldn't take my kids to see) They are both a bit anti-establishment too if that bothers you.

Some of the comedy (the early show) is also family oriented and your older kids will probably like the adult comedy (Someone else can confirm if they they have an age limit?)

Shows like Howl at the Moon are fun for families of all ages. As stated earlier, early comedy shows are family oriented, late shows are 18+ ( will be designated in your Freestyle Daily).

As pointed out above, the best place for kids is the Splash Academy (up to age 17). Then parents and grandma can go and have some adult fun.

We didn’t find a lot of “family entertainment” but due to the nature of our cruise we were usually too tired anyway. We did enjoy bowl at the moon. Our teen wanted to go to the teen club most nights

Thank you for the responses.

I guess I will look a Howl at the Moon again.

We really musical theater or other stage performance type people. Language and sexual innuendo are definitely things that we’d avoid. Thanks for the heads up.

We really are not the you-do-your-thing-while-I-do-mine types on vacation. Real life operates mostly that way.

We are early risers, so early evenings aren’t deal breakers. I just would like to find some things to enjoy together after dinner besides mini-golf and in-room movies, which is what we did last time.

Going on Breakaway 1/2020. Already seen Rock or Ages. When will this show be replaced? Don;t need to see again.

If they didn't change it during the refurb, then I would assume that it's not going to be changed until the next one (which would be in about 5 years).