NCL Upgrade Advantage Question

Tprime

Not sure if anyone has any insight but I'm a little confused...We have bid in the past and won,so not new to this but placed bids for upcoming Jade sailing at the 80 days out when I received the invite..this morning around 5am I noticed that the Let's get you upgraded page was gone from My NCL page so I checked the modify your bid page and to my surprise,one of my bids showed as "processing " and the other 2 "expired " ...I checked periodically throughout the day,waiting to be charged and the bid continued to show as "processing" all day long..then around 5pm est all bids show as "pending" ,almost as if magically at the end of the business day,my bid simply stopped processing without any attempt to charge...Has anyone else had bids go from pending to processing and then back to pending for no reason?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

First of all, good luck. Next, when this happens it means; 1) :D bid has been accepted and CC is being charged, long weekend after business hours can take a while;

2) the system has a glitch and you need to wait until after the holiday;

3) your bid has not been accepted... OOPs... sorry, you should receive an email soon saying your bid was not accepted.

Again, good luck, hope it's 1

Cheers

You have plenty of time for them to get it right :) I hope you win your bid!
Thank you...I understand a glitch but too coincidental that the glitch would keep one bid as processing and 2 others as expired for the entire length of a business day and then somehow make all 3 bids reappear as pending at the close of business...I could be wrong but almost seems like someone was in a hurry to start their holiday weekend and just never got around to charging my card lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I have seen a number of replies that say that if your bid changes from "pending" to "processing" it means you have won the bid. I can tell you that this is just not true. My bid changed from "pending" to "processing" on the Tuesday before the Saturday cruise and then the next day it changed back to "pending" and Thursday night I got the email that I did not win the bid.

Unfortunately this has happened before, here’s a post from May 18, 2018 on the old upgrade thread.

This is the post I was talking about on your FB thread:

Posted April 5th' date=' 2018, 10:17 AM

I’ve often wondered if you’ll get passed-by for an upgrade if you’re actively logged into your NCL booking. The NCL booking engine seems fairly finicky about only allowing a single point of access to a reservation, and others have speculated that upgrades are simply skipped if issues are encountered (CC on file no longer valid).

[/quote']