New to Norwegian - Dining Question

Dreamer115

Is the Main Dining all Free style or do you choose early or late dining? Also do they have Formal Nights? Only cruised RC where they have the above.

We are looking into a Jewel Pacific Coastal Cruise and I am having trouble finding the answers.

Thanks

Connie:confused:

Is the Main Dining all Free style or do you choose early or late dining? Also do they have Formal Nights? Only cruised RC where they have the above. We are looking into a Jewel Pacific Coastal Cruise and I am having trouble finding the answers. Thanks Connie:confused:

All Freestyle (a.k.a. My Time Dining). You go and eat when you are hungry or when it fits your schedule. There are no assigned dining rooms, you eat where you want, when you want. You are given a 2-top table to your self and you eat at your own pace.

There are no formal nights. NCL embraces the Freestyle "Dress Up or Not" philosophy. Shorts are allowed in all dining rooms for all meals except the Tsar's Palace main dining room and the Le Bistro Specialty restaurant where long pants (jeans, dockers) are required.

Gowns and tuxes are non-existent. Suits are far and few between. Some people will dress up a bit, some will dress down always.

Thanks very much, seems like my kind of dining. I prefer slacks and comfortable tops. Maybe shorts if hot out. And getting DH out of his jeans and tshirts is very difficult, I may get him in a golf shirt if I am very lucky.

Thanks again.

Is the Main Dining all Free style or do you choose early or late dining? Also do they have Formal Nights? Only cruised RC where they have the above.

We are looking into a Jewel Pacific Coastal Cruise and I am having trouble finding the answers.

Thanks

Connie:confused:

No formal nights but the first full sea day, usually the second sailing day is dress up if you like. You will see about 25 to 30% of the people dressed a little nicer than other nights: gals in after 5 dresses and guys in sport coats. It is truly up to you. As for early or late seating, versus open seating: that is why it is called free style: you eat wherever you want and at whatever time you want.

I would suggest you get hubby into a collard shirt, maybe a polo if you are going to eat at Le Bistro. Otherwise enjoy the casual atmosphere. That is one of the reasons we love sailing NCL, I will add, but this is just my opinion: some people carry it a bit too far the way they dress.

If you do decide to eat at one of the specialty restaurants- you can make your reservation ahead on line. They start to fill up fast. One thing that has changed if you order some coffees in the garden room there is a charge- the garden room is my favorite because it is not buffet style. They have limited hours for each meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums