tables for two

blueboo

Hello we have only ever done Freedom dining as we like to have a table for two but I was wondering if it is possible to do the early set time, seating dinner with a table for two ? The same table every night so we get the same waiter ?

Thanks for any info

Hello we have only ever done Freedom dining as we like to have a table for two but I was wondering if it is possible to do the early set time, seating dinner with a table for two ? The same table every night so we get the same waiter ?

Thanks for any info

Providing you’re making a select booking you can request first sitting with a table for 2 but there is no guarantee you’ll get what you want, it’s only a request. You find out when you get on the ship what table size you have. You can request to change that if it’s not what you want but again there’s no guarantee.

Edited by kenhem
correction

Providing you’re making a select booking you can request first sitting with a table for 2 but there is no guarantee you’ll get what you want, it’s only a request. You find out when you get on the ship what table size you have. You can request to change that if it’s not what you want but again there’s no guarantee.

Hmm thank you for that reply...that is what I was concerned about...no good for my hubby who does not like sitting with others at all...he has to inject insulin at mealtimes and always feels self conscious. Never mind we can stick to Freedom with a pager.

On our recent cruise a few weeks ago we'd requested a table for two at 8:30 and got one. The two tables of two either side of us very rarely turned up (which makes us think that they hadn't actually requested one, probably they'd wanted an earlier sitting but that was too popular so were given 8:30) and we saw a few empty tables throughout the restaurant and tables of 4 put on tables that could seat 6. Therefore, 8:30 definitely appears to be the least preferred seating and although you said you wanted 6:30, maybe if it is possible to stretch to 8:30 you'd be much more likely of securing a table for two I would imagine.

Some of the trouble is that people are allocated tables in MDR which they don't use. But, dont let the staff know so they can be released for others

Or it may well be that on some evenings they book select dining venues which means that their seats in club dining remain empty.

Or it may well be that on some evenings they book select dining venues which means that their seats in club dining remain empty.

I was meaning those who never intend to use the MDR. Those who use the select dining venues or the buffet every night.

On my last cruise there was several tables for two in my vicinity which were empty every night. The Maitre'D overheard us talking about it on day three or four, and said that he had left messages for the supposed occupants but they hadn't replied so couldn't release the tables. They remained unoccupied every night.

I would recommend writing a letter to the Reservations dept 2-3 months before you go requesting a table for two. I always do this and we ALWAYS get one.

I've ALWAYS got my dining request by making the request at time of booking.