Novice cruising

Whiegates

Hi

Going on our first MSC cruise soon, hope you can help with some questions please.

How much do you get charged to use your mobile via the ships wifi.

Is it correct that no irons are allowed, if so tips for packing and keeping hubbies shirts crease free if possible.

I have posted this on a different page on here but told to move to this MSC page.

Any ideas as to what the weather might be, we are sailing from Venice then onto Crete, Corfu, Bali and Dubrovnik.

We are going 5th October.

Thank you if you can help

Hi

Going on our first MSC cruise soon, hope you can help with some questions please.

Is it correct that no irons are allowed, if so tips for packing and keeping hubbies shirts crease free if possible.

I have posted this on a different page on here but told to move to this MSC page.

Any ideas as to what the weather might be, we are sailing from Venice then onto Crete, Corfu, Bali and Dubrovnik.

I can answer your last question...

I went to many of your stops on a different cruise line in October a few years ago. The weather was perfect! It wasn't terribly

hot, but never cold, either. If you read up on Venice, you will see folks posting about the stagnant water smelling bad, but that wasn't a problem in October. Plus, the crowds are not nearly as big.

So maybe I can help with wrinkly clothes, roll them up when you pack. At least that's what we do.

We have forfeited bringing really dress up clothes as I was never able to keep them looking that good, but for everything else, we roll them up, pack them tight and they are usually good to go.

Cheers

Len

Irons are prohibited from almost every cruise ship because of the extreme danger that fire on board a ship could be.

Shipboard wifi is usually sold in packages - you can usually see the pricing if you log in to look at your booking and click on packages (spa, wifi etc). It's not cheap.

As for the weather - I'd look for a weather specific website to help with that!

If you fold items, especially evening dresses in the plastic bag/ cover they use in the dry cleaners they don't crease. Hanging items in the bathroom whilst you shower usually helps remove any creases too.

Weather should be pleasant enough, not to hot although a higher risk of showers and cooler at night.

Hi

Don't use 100 % cotton shirts.

If you fold items, especially evening dresses in the plastic bag/ cover they use in the dry cleaners they don't crease. Hanging items in the bathroom whilst you shower usually helps remove any creases.

My best kept secret...packing shirts, etc. in dry cleaning plastic bags.

Place the garment on a hanger and cover in a dry cleaner bag. then you can

Simply hang the garment when you unpack...really makes unpacking easy.