Great story about Cruise Ship performers on Princess

StillLooking4Adventure

My son is a professional musician. He is talented enough to have a full time well paying gig with a large Symphony Orchestra. As a parent of a performance artist, I was always aware of the difficulties and pitfalls of trying to make a living following your passion. I also have a friend that was one of my sons teachers who works as a full time performer on Cunard Ships. I see complaints about some of the performers or acts on various ships. I fully realize there can be a large range of talent from performer to performer. That said, I always try to keep in mind most of the people are working really hard and trying to earn a living for themselves and their families. (I always tip the performer in what ends up being my favorite bar or hang out)

Here is the article. https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a22801333/cruise-entertainers/

My son is a professional musician. He is talented enough to have a full time well paying gig with a large Symphony Orchestra. As a parent of a performance artist, I was always aware of the difficulties and pitfalls of trying to make a living following your passion. I also have a friend that was one of my sons teachers who works as a full time performer on Cunard Ships. I see complaints about some of the performers or acts on various ships. I fully realize there can be a large range of talent from performer to performer. That said, I always try to keep in mind most of the people are working really hard and trying to earn a living for themselves and their families. (I always tip the performer in what ends up being my favorite bar or hang out)

Here is the article. https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a22801333/cruise-entertainers/

Thanks for posting this. It’s very interesting to see the struggles performers have gone through to get where they are.

Any idea as to how one might find a cruise such as this?

Tom😎

Last year on the Royal tje drummer with the ship's orchestra (led at the time by the imitable train guy, Gordan) was the former percussionist with the Syracuse Symphony. We had the opportunity to get to know a few of the musicians during their excellent jazz sessions in the Wheelhouse.

It's difficult to earn a steady living as a musician, even for the highly talented ones we see on Princess - hence their willingness to do sea gigs.

Live music is still a thrill and an increasingly rare one at that!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app