Another CHEERS question

jwildflower1981

I’ve been told, and believe I’ve read it somewhere that if you purchase the CHEERS program, sodas, milkshakes and specialty non alcoholic frozen drinks and speciality coffee does NOT count towards your 15 drink max. Is this true? Are you just charged for them or are they already purchased in your CHEERS package.

From the carnival site :

Program allows for unlimited Zero-Proof beverages but only one beverage at a time may be ordered - sharing is not permitted.

So basically, is it unlimited everything else but only 15 alcoholic drinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it would be very hard to drink enough non-alcohol beverages in a day to justify the cost of Cheers, versus just buying it. We drank a whole lot of Carnival bottled water, coffee, tea, and lemonade for free (well we did pay a little for the packs of water) all cruise long... not to mention soft serve ice cream.

Thanks. Maybe that little bit of info will help my roommate wan to get cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can find menus online for the coffee shop and bars. I say look at those and calculate if you will drink at least $60 (approx.) a day. I always get CHEERS because I do drink that much. Between 1 or 2 mimosas or 1 or 2 specialty coffees for breakfast, a smoothie, milkshake, cocktail or special tea at lunch, 2 glasses of wine at dinner, a drink or two at the comedy show or while watching a dive in movie and multiple liters of bottle water, I was at at least $50 before the whole day was over and as you can see, it's not all alcoholic. One thing that made a difference were the cocktails and wine I calculated. Some were at least $9 or $10. The coffees about $4 with additional flavoring (french vanilla, hazelnut, mocha, caramel and using almond, soy or coconut milk). Liter bottles of water are $3.75 (I forgot how much 16 oz are) and you can ask for one every time you get a bar drink then refrigerate them to take with you for port days. I counted about 7/day for myself because I'll drink a lot of water. It's not for everyone, but take a look at the menus and pick out the drinks you think you'd order and go from there. :D