Car Rental Shuttle pick-up at port? (Miami)

jules815

I think we've done this in the past, but honestly can't remember!

Do the major car rental companies have shuttles at the Port of Miami that would take us to their location to get our rental car, or would we have to take a cab or Uber there? Last couple of cruises out of Miami we went straight to a hotel after the cruise. This time we're driving to visit friends in Ft. Myers area. I swear we've done this before, but my husband and I are drawing a blank. I know we've for sure done this many times out of Port Canaveral with Hertz.

I think we've done this in the past, but honestly can't remember!

Do the major car rental companies have shuttles at the Port of Miami that would take us to their location to get our rental car, or would we have to take a cab or Uber there? Last couple of cruises out of Miami we went straight to a hotel after the cruise. This time we're driving to visit friends in Ft. Myers area. I swear we've done this before, but my husband and I are drawing a blank. I know we've for sure done this many times out of Port Canaveral with Hertz.

Covered almost daily in the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer shuttles between POM and their MIA airport locations - show the driver your reservation paperwork. If you get a deal from someone else at MIA a taxi from POM will run $27+ or about $20 in a Uber

Avis, Hertz and others are located in downtown Miami - about a $10 Uber if they do not shuttle. Reports on the FLA board are that the downtown offices are often overrun with cruisers leading to long delays. :(

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer shuttles between POM and their MIA airport locations - show the driver your reservation paperwork. If you get a deal from someone else at MIA a taxi from POM will run $27+ or about $20 in a Uber

Avis, Hertz and others are located in downtown Miami - about a $10 Uber if they do not shuttle. Reports on the FLA board are that the downtown offices are often overrun with cruisers leading to long delays. :(

Thanks. Just booked Hertz for pick up at Port of Miami location (shuttle...yay!) returning at MIA the next day.

Posted here first instead of the Florida Departures board since the Royal Caribbean forum is where I lurk the most, and it's more active. (this car rental is actually for an MSC Yacht Club cruise, our first with that line, but giving it a whirl just because.)

:D

The “Port” location is indeed downtown. We drop cars off there for cruises and there is usually a crowd waiting for the car we are dropping off.

It can be a painful location. And the shuttles can be packed.

One time, I saw our car leave with a new renter about 120 seconds after we got out of it.

I might get off the cruise early, alone, and without luggage, then take a cab to the location to beat the crowd, and then drive back to pick up everyone else and the luggage.