Help with CHEERS

inurdreams2379

Would it be cheaper to buy the Cheers on the boat the next day since they prorate the price when you do that. Otherwise, if you preordered it and can’t use it until the next day you pay a higher price. Right? Or does it even itself out. I know you pay more on the ship for it, but only pay for 4 days not 5 like when you preorder because it goes by duration of the trip, which is 5 in my case. Help!!!! I’m needing a better explanation, they didn’t offer this on my last cruise. :D

Not sure I understand your question. You can buy Cheers on the second day of your cruise, which would obviously be cheaper since you are paying for one day less of the program. But you would than pay full price for any drinks you buy on day one of your cruise. If you only plan to buy a few drinks on the first day of your cruise, waiting to buy Cheers on day two of your cruise will save you money. But if you want to use Cheers every day of your cruise, it is cheaper to buy it before the cruise.

Keep in mind you can't use Cheers on day one of cruises out of Texas and New York.

I think you have to buy for the full duration whether or not you buy it on day 1 or 2 (UNLESS cruising out of New York or Galveston.) They’d just credit back the drinks you bought on day 1. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you have to buy for the full duration whether or not you buy it on day 1 or 2 (UNLESS cruising out of New York or Galveston.) They’d just credit back the drinks you bought on day 1. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

The first time I bought Cheers we didn't buy it until day two and they only charged us for three days (it was a 4 day cruise on Paradise). However, that was around 5 years ago so you may be correct that they charge you for the entire cruise even if you buy it on day two of the cruise. I have always bought it online before the cruise for the last several years.

If you are sailing on a 5 day out of New York or Galveston where you can’t use it until day 2, they will only charge you for 4 days even if you preorder it.

I’ve already preordered for my 7-day out of Galveston and I paid for 6 days.

Thank you Greg, that’s what I needed to know. I thought I put Galveston in there, sorry about that! ;p

Incorrect. You pay for what you will use. You do not pay for day one if you buy on day two.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

If you prepay, you save $5/day. If you pay on the ship, you don't save the $5/day. You can get CHEERS on day 2 but that is NOT retroactive to the previous day. From the time your board the ship to 6am the next morning, you will be paying menu prices/a la carte for each drink you have. Then CHEERS kicks in at 6am on the 2nd day.