Free bottle of wine per person or per table?

RebaDogMom

We booked per couple also last thanksgiving. They gave us 3 bottles of wine but opened two of them. I asked for the third to not be opened and they allowed me to take it. My group is not wine drinkers so they basically wasted what I ended up drinking anyway. I went around the table and finished off their glasses for them. I can’t eat a lot but nothing stops me from being able to drink. Next time if we go on the free wine promo night, I will ask from the start to not open / pour the wine for the non drinkers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're allowed to buy as many bottles as you want at 50% off on the first night at the steakhouse.

Will they cellar the bottle for you and serve it in other venues on subsequent nights? They do this on RCCL and we really appreciate it - the two of us don't finish a bottle in a single sitting.

Ummm, no such thing as an undrinkable wine, LOL!;)

I disagree. Life is too short to drink bad wine... ;) I (personally) agree about the bottle of white - my husband and I thought it was terrible. We now opt for the 50% off. It all comes down to personal taste.

Honestly, though, just because I don't like something doesn't mean it's undrinkable; it's just not my style. I used to work in a wine shop, and I learned very quickly that our taste buds and preferences are almost as unique as our finger prints. Too each, their own.

The free wines on the ship would cost you $5 to $10 in a liquor store. These are not show stopper wines. I would suggest you select a $20 to $30 wine from a membership wholesale club. Cameron Hughes sells over production from the best wineries and sells them for about 20% of their normal sales price. You can find it at some Costco stores. Bring your truly fabulous wine aboard, eat in the steakhouse when you want, and pair some great cooking for a splendid evening.