Riviera Cruises

DaveT65

DaveT65,

I started a thread a while ago on Riviera Travel UK, but interest so far has been minimal from past and future cruisers. Although Riviera is supposedly the company with the biggest share in the UK citizens river cruising market and has by now a substantial fleet there still seem to be not enough cruisers who know CruiseCritic and are happy to comment on their experience with the company.

Here is the thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2599552

CC has the biggest following in North America by far, i.e. members, where Riviera Travel has only been present for a couple of years or so.

Hopefully the lack of reviews will change in the not so distant future.

notamermaid

Julesndale,

welcome to Cruisecritic. And as is customary now :), if you have not looked at them yet, I recommend the stickies at the top of the river cruising board pages by our hostjazzbeau for all sorts of info on river cruising.

It is unusual for an Australian to book with a UK operator and to go from Cologne - which is actually a standard itinerary offer with European cruise companies. As you might know the standard long trip is Amsterdam to Budapest or vice versa. May I ask how you came to choose this?

Have a great trip.

notamermaid

Thanks, notamermaid.

A minor correction - we are actually sailing from Budapest to Cologne (not sure why I said the other way).

Riviera have just started marketing in Australia, which coincided with our search for a reasonably-priced river cruise. We saw a review of Riviera Cruises and what they offered seemed to fit the bill; lower prices and less frills. Guess we will know in a couple of months whether we made the right choice.