Advice

Timetorelax

Help! I am looking to have a great vacation with my family. My father, mother, brother, sister, and wife would be going on this vacation. I have been on two cruises in the past and have had a good time, but am wondering if there is better out there. For a family vacation, do you recommend a cruise, or an all inclusive resort? I've never stayed at an all inclusive and wonder if it would be fun for a family.

If the answer is a cruise, what cruise line do you recommend?

Thanks!

I've only done one cruise and one trip to an all-inclusive. Both were awesome, but my personal favorite was the all inclusive. I'm the type who enjoys plenty of "me time" and having a huge room with a huge balcony was awesome. Grabbing my snorkel gear to go for a dip at my leisure was also a huge plus! Food and drink were available around the clock, but I found I was less likely to overeat at the all-inclusive.

My teenage son, however, doesn't need as much down time as I do and was bored when there wasn't specific activities for people his age.

When planning this year's vacation, he voted cruise. Due to that and the desire to fulfill my mother's wish to experience a cruise at least once in her life...cruise it is for this year! I stick with Carnival due to pricing, military discounts, and itineraries that appeal to me.

No matter what you choose, your vacation is what you make it...have fun planning and then enjoying :)

I would say it depends on whether you like to be really active or not. The all inclusives seem to be more for folks that like to settle in for the week and relax. I am not much of a lay on the beach kind of person so the cruise works best for me. I like visiting different places and planning different types of activities at each port. It gives me a chance experience things that I don't get to do at home.

As for which line - you will find as many answers to this as people that respond. I have done Carnival and RCCL and prefer RCCL. Pick the one that seems to have the ports and excursions you think your family would enjoy.

Help! I am looking to have a great vacation with my family. My father, mother, brother, sister, and wife would be going on this vacation. I have been on two cruises in the past and have had a good time, but am wondering if there is better out there. For a family vacation, do you recommend a cruise, or an all inclusive resort? I've never stayed at an all inclusive and wonder if it would be fun for a family.

If the answer is a cruise, what cruise line do you recommend?

Thanks!

Dan,

First, let me apologize in advance. DW and I just booked our 14th cruise on RCCL Adventurer of the Seas for this April. You can say I'm just a little bit prejudice.(LOL) Honestly...My wife and I are young and we have traveled to many destinations for island all-inclusives. We enjoyed them very much, that is, until we went on our first cruise in 1998. We haven't returned to an island all-inclusive since. A cruise gives you more bang for your buck. you just have to budget for our sail & sign account. I wouldn't think of going on another island all-inclusive now. No matter what, it is still a matter of choice. I've experienced many of both and the DW and I prefer to cruise.

John

I have to agree with jcruise67 I have done both and enjoy cruising the best. What you need to do is get an idea of where you would like to go. then come to these boards and check out the different lines and try to choose the one that you feel is right for you. Me i prefer HAL I like their ships and feel they are a little classier then the others I have been on Princess and on NCL. As a matter of fact I am looking to go back to Bermuda for the 3rd time which will push me back to NCL as I do not like the Brand X ship that goes there from NYC and I do not go on any ships over 2000 pax. So for Bremuda for me it will be the NCL Crown:)

I hope this helps

Hola,

I agree with Jcruiser, too, but for different reasons. How should I put this? I am monetarily challenged. Alright, I'm cheap! I look for the lowest rates at a time when the DW and I are most likely to get away. This works well because my work slows in winter and that coincides with the cheapest fares of the year. I have yet to find an all-inclusive that is even close to the cost of our cruises. If you can find an all-inclusive for 7 nights with entertainment, food, lodging and air fare for $500 pp, please let me know.

Never wanted to cruise.......................after I was forced into a cruise vacation that is the only way we want to travel. Can't think of a better way to experience so much of Europe in a short amount of time. Always try to plan a day or two pre & post cruise. We think cruises are a great way to get a little taste of alot of places.

Wendy

Archived