check in summary

cruzer_77

In Port Everglades and Port Canaveral we usually show up around 9:30 with FTTF and are on the ship by 10:30. At least that's been my experience within the past 2-3 years.

Thanks for that info. We are leaving out of Port Canaveral. :)

Currently going through the online check-in process.... For the arrival appointment I chose 11:30-12:00...I did purchase FTTF. So doesn't that mean we may board earlier than 11:30? This is our first cruise and I'm so confused.

That is your arrival time, to start the check in procedure. Not the time that you will be allowed to board the ship. When the ship has been cleared and parties are allowed to board, they will go in order. Diamond, Platinum, Wedding Parties then FTTF. Then when they have allowed all those groups on then they will allow general boarding.

Following....wondering about Miami

What is the earliest time you can arrive in Port of Miami, with FTTF? 10? Earlier? I know boarding time is separate.

We are Platinum and could not enter the port building until it opened at 10:30, which was also our Arrive Appointment Time.

Port employees were very strict about other people's AAT.

Personally I try to get to the port (NOLA) around 10, so we can get through the check-in process before boarding starts, usually by 11, 11:15. I bought FTTF once, now I don't and find I get on 10 minutes after they do.

You being new to cruising, I just wanted to explain that FTTF isn't just about boarding the ship early. It's about getting in to your cabin early, getting your luggage earlier, not having to stand in long lines at Guest Services (such a waste of time), and BEST OF ALL, not having to wait hours for a tender if you are in a tender port (like Cabo). Lots of benefits to FTTF.

You being new to cruising, I just wanted to explain that FTTF isn't just about boarding the ship early. It's about getting in to your cabin early, getting your luggage earlier, not having to stand in long lines at Guest Services (such a waste of time), and BEST OF ALL, not having to wait hours for a tender if you are in a tender port (like Cabo). Lots of benefits to FTTF.

I’m not exactly new to cruising as I’ve been on seven with three more booked. I know what FTTF offers. We sail out of NOLA, and board immediately after FTTF, always on board before noon. We have small rolling carryons that we easily hold onto while we eat on Lido until room is ready at 1:30. Luggage has always been delivered well before dinner. Rarely use guest services but when we need them we go early in the day when lines are nonexistent. Tenders have never been a problem or much of a line. Self assist debarkation gets us to our car by 8:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Port Canaveral will let you on @10 or 10:30 if you have fttf and there isnt any delays.

I'm excited to hear this - I'm platinum but I last sailed out of Pt. Canaveral in late 2016 and I don't remember getting onboard before 11:30 or 12:00. I do love the port along with Tampa Port, but I don't think I've ever been onboard before 11:30.

I plan to start sailing on the Breeze again (love that ship) when it starts sailing out of Canaveral so we'll see how it goes.

I’m not exactly new to cruising as I’ve been on seven with three more booked. I know what FTTF offers. We sail out of NOLA, and board immediately after FTTF, always on board before noon. We have small rolling carryons that we easily hold onto while we eat on Lido until room is ready at 1:30. Luggage has always been delivered well before dinner. Rarely use guest services but when we need them we go early in the day when lines are nonexistent. Tenders have never been a problem or much of a line. Self assist debarkation gets us to our car by 8:30.

There are usually five of us, so we are not only carrying around our small rolling carryons, but also a bottle of champagne/wine each, and a case of soda each. I have never been to guest services when there was not a line....and we are up before the ship is up. Last tender port, we all had to stand with hundreds of other people in the hot and humid stairwells for over and hour just waiting for the line to start moving. Two hours plus to board the tender....late getting to excursion.....learned my lesson and won't deal with that again. I guess it just all depends on each individuals needs/wants whether they get FTTF or not.

Currently going through the online check-in process.... For the arrival appointment I chose 11:30-12:00...I did purchase FTTF. So doesn't that mean we may board earlier than 11:30? This is our first cruise and I'm so confused.

1130 is your check in time , with FTTF you can check in earlier but it has nothing to do with boarding time.