Help

Polperro

Looking at doing a Greek islands cruise next year. Have done mervigrillia last year as our first msc cruise but was not that impressed, especially the food. Looking at orchestra or sinfonia. Could any msc regulars recommend which is best.

Thanks

We've done both to the Greek Isles and have just returned from a Greek itinerary onboard Poesia (same class as Orchestra; Sinfonia is smaller). Based on our experiences I would say that it will come down to how good the crew onboard are, from the Captain, down.

We enjoyed both Sinfonia and Poesia; the food was very enjoyable on both. We were on Orchestra for Christmas 2017 and never wanted to set foot on another MSC ship after it! The food was deplorable. I've since read reviews from more recent sailings which were very favourable.

We were on Meraviglia last year, but were in YC, where the food offerings were excellent. However, we didn't care for the rest of the ship; it didn't have the usual MSC 'vibe'.

Looking at doing a Greek islands cruise next year. Have done mervigrillia last year as our first msc cruise but was not that impressed, especially the food. Looking at orchestra or sinfonia. Could any msc regulars recommend which is best.

Thanks

They are both much of a muchness

Sinfonia has more get away places on the stern.

If I go on either I always try to get a deck 12 suite, which are Aurea, simply for the size but not one of the two forward facing ones. they suffer terribly from the wind when sailing and their balconies are part of a public balcony

A deck 12 "SUITE"

P1040341.jpg

I must admit I haven't been on either sine they were stretched, I imagine they feel a bit more crowded as they did away with some public rooms to give more cabins as well as put in a section with more cabins.

they now have to have 3 shows a night to cope with the extra guests, and they have large theatres.

The theatre on Sinfonia is not as good for lines of sight to the stage as has a more gentle slope and a strange arrangement of tables for drinks. which you cant get in there you have to carry them in.

The theatre on OPERA

P1040050.jpg

The theatre on SINFONIA

the freestanding chairs block the view of the guests on the bench chairs immediately behind

P1040680.jpg

for this reason alone I would go on OPERA over SINFONIA

All else being equal.

pete

We've done both to the Greek Isles and have just returned from a Greek itinerary onboard Poesia (same class as Orchestra; Sinfonia is smaller). Based on our experiences I would say that it will come down to how good the crew onboard are, from the Captain, down.

We enjoyed both Sinfonia and Poesia; the food was very enjoyable on both. We were on Orchestra for Christmas 2017 and never wanted to set foot on another MSC ship after it! The food was deplorable. I've since read reviews from more recent sailings which were very favourable.

We were on Meraviglia last year, but were in YC, where the food offerings were excellent. However, we didn't care for the rest of the ship; it didn't have the usual MSC 'vibe'.

We had back to back on Divina with same crew and same captain . First part was amazing ,second part was Xmas cruise and I wanted to jump overboard. :rolleyes::rolleyes: