Canceling Carnival Insurance

tortuga1975

I used to use a travel agent to book my cruises, now I use a PVP. With the cruises that I booked with the TA I didn’t get insurance. With the PVP I do. I have a TA booked cruise coming up in October and given the hurricane situation I thought I should get insurance. I didn’t go through Carnival because I didn’t want to make a phone call. I used a major well known insurance company and for about $20 more tan what I paid for carnival insurance, I got a much better plan.

All of that is background so you know why I ask...has anyone ever canceled their Carnival trip insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does/t make sense to me. You still have to call Carnival.

One thing Carnival includes with their insurance is a Cancel for any reason clause.

One a storm is named, it is too late to buy insurance that covers it.

Carnival's insurance only includes CFAR up to 75% and only as a Future Cruise Credit, not a check into your bank account. To me, that makes all the difference in the world.

Carnival's insurance is actually Nationwide and is cheaper bought straight from Nationwide. Plus, other companies offer CFAR that pays 100%, not 75%. Travel Guard is one that offers CFAR that pays 100%.

I've used it. It works!

The cruiseline insurance I have checked into does not have adequate medical or medical evacuation coverage.

I have found much better coverage at a lower price buying from a third party.

We have sailed for years....always buy trip insurance....but never from the cruiseline.

Carnival's insurance only includes CFAR up to 75% and only as a Future Cruise Credit, not a check into your bank account. To me, that makes all the difference in the world.

Carnival's insurance is actually Nationwide and is cheaper bought straight from Nationwide. Plus, other companies offer CFAR that pays 100%, not 75%. Travel Guard is one that offers CFAR that pays 100%.

I've used it. It works!

The insurance Carnival resells is group insurance and depending on your age, can be cheaper. If you need additional coverage, you can purchase only what you want/need.

With Travel Guard CFAR, don't you need to cancel at least 48 hours in advance? You might not have 48 hours advance notice that you want to cancel.

• 4 weeks later...
The cruiseline insurance I have checked into does not have adequate medical or medical evacuation coverage.

I have found much better coverage at a lower price buying from a third party.

We have sailed for years....always buy trip insurance....but never from the cruiseline.

Where do you buy your cruise insurance?