Rome, Pisa and Genoa

Shrewsbury on Tour

Good evening to one and all.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated...

We are off on our 2nd Cruise soon with 3 stops in Italy. Made a few plans as D.I.Y cruiser. But have a couple of questions. Any comments are appreciated.

Rome, docking in Civitavecchia, courtesy bus to front of port, walk to station. Train to Rome. Metro to Colleseum, walk to Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, metro back to Station...train back etc.

Livorno, Slightly confused how to get to train station, Pisa, walk to tower, back to Livorno etc

Genoa, not sure what to do at this stage....any thoughts???

Many thanks

Rome - I think there's now a payable shuttle bus from port gate to Civi station - the walk is further than it was because it's been a different gate for the past few years.

Train will be packed but OK. Get off at Ostiense and follow signs for Pyramide metro station, which adjoins it.

At the end of your day, if you don't finish at Vatican catch the train back from Termini - you'll probably get seats.

Livorno - NCL offer payable shuttle to station but most offer payable shuttle to city centre and from there it's a short local bus ride to station.

Or taxis carry up to 8 passengers - if you can get one on the pier..STATION ISN't walkable from your ship.

The Field of Miracles (leaning tower etc) is an easy 20/25 min walk from Pisa Centrale station.

Or check your cruise RollCall for a shared van (minibus) transfer from ship to Field of Miracles.

JB :)

Good evening to one and all.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated...

We are off on our 2nd Cruise soon with 3 stops in Italy. Made a few plans as D.I.Y cruiser. But have a couple of questions. Any comments are appreciated.. . .

Genoa, not sure what to do at this stage....any thoughts???

Many thanks

We were in Genoa for the first and only time on a Celebrity cruise four years ago. I did the Hop On/Hop Off bus, which came right to the door of the terminal. It was an interesting overview of the city, pop. almost 600,000. I got off once or twice to further explore. It goes by the birthplace of Christopher Columbus (very modest place and, obviously, very old). I'm sure the ship offered excursions, but since we rarely do those, I can't remember what they offered. Here's a photo of one of the beautiful squares with a fountain that the HOHO bus went by: https://goo.gl/images/6bybpD

Edited by BarbinMich