VAT refund on western Mediterranean cruise

angelatoyou

Hi there,

I am from New Zealand, currently on celebrity reflection going around western Mediterranean. We will be stopping in Nice, and some Spanish ports including Barcelona. I am wondering if I have purchased something which are qualified for VAT refund in France or Spain, do I need to do VAT refund in each country? Or I can wait to do it all together when I leave Europe from Rome?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At all airports I have flows out of and gotten tax back, The customs office had a window to the "public" area before you check in so you can have your packages in your suitcase which you want to check in.

Have also been in smaller airports where customs office it not open early in the morning so I had to file the forms and drop them in a box.

At no time, have I had to show them my purchases,- but you have to be able to present them to a customs officer.

Remember also, that it takes some time to fill our the forms in the store and many times you will have to tell them how to fill the form out. You have to show passport and any ask for an ID showing your home address.

Because of this, I suggest that you make your purchases in a dept. store. This way you can get even smaller items tax free as it will all be added up to reach the min purchase amount.