Celebrity Galaxy vs RCCL Voyager??

ellie&iain

We cannot make our minds up which cruise to pick so please give us your views of each!

6th May 06 departing Transatlantic to Europe

The itinararies are nearly the same except Galaxy is a couple of days longer.

We've only cruised once before on Summit and just loved every second of it.

We have debated it to death and can't decide!!

My main concerns are: will I be disappointed with Galaxy - it's an older ship and not as big as Summit?

Will I find Voyager of the Seas too big and crowded and full of kids?

Help - any comments or suggestions will be most welcome!!

No matter the ship, a transatlantic cruise will not be crowded with kids. It's just too long a cruise and the cost of airfare can be prohibitive for families. What are the differences in itinerary? Do you like one more than the other? If you do, I think that would be the one I would go with. I think either ship would be a great choice.

Sorry, but I am not a Voyager fan. It was my least favorite of all my RCI cruises. It is too big to provide personal service and kids or no kids, just too many people.

I would choose Galaxy. IMO, X as better food and service in the dining room than RCI. And better service all the way around.

I could care less about Ice rinks, Johnny Rockets, and rock climbing. I want comfort, service and good food. I would take a Radiance class ship transatlantic but, if you liked X, I have to say you will not be happy on Voyager.

We cannot make our minds up which cruise to pick so please give us your views of each!

6th May 06 departing Transatlantic to Europe

The itinararies are nearly the same except Galaxy is a couple of days longer.

We've only cruised once before on Summit and just loved every second of it.

We have debated it to death and can't decide!!

My main concerns are: will I be disappointed with Galaxy - it's an older ship and not as big as Summit?

Will I find Voyager of the Seas too big and crowded and full of kids?

Help - any comments or suggestions will be most welcome!!

Hi Ellie & iain,

With these two choices, you are evaluating to different types of ships and service, as well as amenities. DW and I have sailed both cruise lines and though the food and service is better on X, I have to say the Voyager does have great entertainment and much different personality. DW and I are sailing AOS in April because we enjoyed our last cruise on the Voyager last year. X is very nice too, but we like a lot of excitement and a party atmosphere that you just don't quite get on X in comparison to RCCL or Carnival. We are more about that than being pampered. If we need things we'll ask or get it ourselves, no big deal. When it comes right down to it, we just love to cruise. Every cruise offers there own personality and atmosphere. No one know what you enjoy more than you. I'm sure you will make the right choice. Happy sailing.

JCRUISE

14th Cruise April 30 on AOS

As jcruise67 indicated, you are looking at two different experiences so it depends on what you like. We like both RCCL and Celebrity, but have different expectations when we cruise with them.

Ships: Do you prefer small ships or large ones. We prefer small ones, but its up to you.

Activities: Are you interested in skating rings, climbing walls, Johnny Rockets, a greater variety of gym equipment, etc. or, are you a "doer" joining in on group actvities like tournamants (ping pong, shuffleboard, golf driving, etc.) If so, choose the Voyager. However, if you prefer bridge, lectures, formal teas, etc., choose Celebrity.

Food: Most people (and I am one of them) feel like the diningroom food is better on Celebrity. However, I think that the self-serve restaurants are better on RCCL.

Service: Both RCCL and Celebrity have good service. Generally, Celebrity's is more formal.

Atmosphere: Most likely neither will have a party atmosphere, but the Voyager over all will probably be less formal and sedate. They certainly do not have Quest on Celebrity.

Archived