Passover on board Celebrity?

jglass

I'm considering a cruise that falls over Passover and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Celebrity at that time. Do they have a seder? Do they proved matzoh? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jglass

We were on the Infinity last year during Passover. There was a wonderful seder with a rabbi conducting it using printed Haggadahs that incorporated different traditions. They had all the "trimmings" including wine, matzoh, even gefilte fish and chopped liver with a choice of two entrees I think. It was held in a section of the buffet restaurant. Many people attended. We were really surprised and impressed with the effort made to make it a holiday meal. Food wasn't great, but that wasn't the important part of the evening. You may want to call the cruise line to check whether it will be happening on your cruise. I would think it will be.

I was on Century two years ago during Passover, and they had the same thing there. They set the tables in the buffet with linen tablecloths and napkins, it was all set up quite nicely. You could make a reservation for it on board, I don't know if they took pre-sailing requests but you could always call your travel agent or the Captain's Club to find out.

Wow! I'm impressed! This is very encouraging. This year we have so many family events(weddings, etc) that it may be good to get away, but we wanted a seder as well. Does anyone know about matzoh on board, or should we plan on bringing our own?

we are not jewish, however, one couple we went with were. over the hanukkah holiday rabbi spector held a very nice lighting of the menorah ceremony each night. a very nice experience for us. the congregation, if that is a correct term, i apologize if it is not, accepted us readily. we were three couples total from little rock, the rabbi was quite fun, he even gave assignments to write words for the driedel song. i think ours went like this; we had a little dreidel, it had some lovely motion, but while on the cruise, it spun into the ocean!

the rabbi loved it and said he was going to take it back to silver springs maryland with him. his wife is margie. not sure how long they will be aboard, but if he is still there, please tell him all the folks from Little Rock send regards.

i am sure they will celebrate passover.

just a note. celebrity really went the extra mile for hanukkah. not only did they provide the lounge each night, but they provided traditional foods as well, to include jelly doughnuts. our friends even requested from our maitre'd the traditional egg bread for friday night. not being jewish my dw and i were overly impressed.

Archived