FLL Transportation

Patti K

Does anyone have any suggestions on transportation from the airport to our pre-cruise condo destination (no free shuttle) in Weston for 10 passengers? I have checked into Limo service at a rate of approximately $200 one way. This is only 20-30 minutes from the airport. Any recommendations?

For 10 people going that distance that sounds about right, sorry. I really don't think that you're going to find any cheaper. Your condo is 20 to 30 minutes away which is quite a distance and you're a party of 10 so $200 sounds pretty reasonable to me. My only other suggestion would be to see about renting a large van yourself that will take you all.

Both Budget and Thrifty have a office close the the pier. Thrifty is close to the entrance and Budget about a .5 miles away. Budget is telling me that they do not offer shuttles to the pier any longer. However, it's only a 5-7 dollar cab fee. Thrifty says that they do offer shuttle service from/to the pier.

Happy Cruising

There are no rental car offices AT Port Everglades, however as hugger said, Thrifty is located just outside the Midport Entrance. Budget is on SE 17th Street, opposite the Renaissance Hotel, just outside the Northport Entrance (closest to the Princess terminal). The major rental car companies are all located in the Car Rental Center at FLL airport, which is adjacent to Port Everglades. It's only a 5-10 minute cab ride to the cruise ship terminals from the airport depending on where your ship is docked.

I rented a car from Avis at FLL for a pre-cruise holiday and on return to the Avis rental car checkin at FLL, the agent saw we had lots of luggage and asked if we were cruising, when I replied yes he offerred to drive us to the pier and drop us off at no extra charge. I did tip him $5.

I am sure this service is not guaranteed, depends on how busy they are, motivation of the Avis workers, etc but may be available, the agent who drove us on a Monday told me he made 10 trips the previous day.

Archived