Slow Day, Recover from Jetlag Suggestions?

NayaSantaFe

We will be flying into Barcelona from the US on a Thursday afternoon. Our cruise leaves on Sunday, so we will have 2 days in Barcelona before leaving on the cruise. I was looking into taking a day tour with Barcelona Day Tours on Saturday so we have Friday to recover from the long and exhausting trip.

But, I don't think anyone in our group of 12 wants to spend their day just laying around in the hotel all day, but we don't want it to be a a super busy day either. Any suggestions of something we can do that day that isn't too exhausting, but makes us feel like we actually did something that day and didn't waste it?

More info on our group: We are a group of 8 adults and 4 kids ages 3, 7, 12 and 14.

Last year we schedule a free walking tour for a couple of hours the afternoon we got in...figured it would give us something to do in the afternoon to keep us awake, then we could clean up and have an early dinner before going to bed. Ended up canceling it because our connecting flight was canceled and we got in too late, but I liked the plan...

https://freewalkingtoursbarcelona.com/en/

If the weather it's not good for beach, you can go do some shopping, go to the Parc de la Ciutadella, go strolling in the Gothic Quarter, or Born, visit some church, then just relax with a beer at some alfresco terrace. Maybe kids are rested enough and would like visit Cosmocaixa, an interesting Science museum...

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

If the weather it's not good for beach, you can go do some shopping, go to the Parc de la Ciutadella, go strolling in the Gothic Quarter, or Born, visit some church, then just relax with a beer at some alfresco terrace. Maybe kids are rested enough and would like visit Cosmocaixa, an interesting Science museum...

Shopping for sovenirs might be a good idea...suggestions on shopping areas?

Visit the Spanish Village (Poble Espanyol) at the foot of Mont Juic - absolutely beautiful and very peaceful and quiet. Lots to see and do - houses and styles from all the regions of Spain. It's one of our favourite spots in Barcelona when we want to escape the hustle and bustle of the City.

Shopping for sovenirs might be a good idea...suggestions on shopping areas?
Las Ramblas, Portal de l'Àngel, Portaferrissa and surroundings, you will find a lot of shops. Up Passeig de Gràcia for more chic stores. The famous El Corte Inglés. All of this in a little area.

Usual souvenirs like magnets, t-shirts, can be found in Las Ramblas and dedicated stores in touristic places (la Sagrada Familia, ...)

Cheap souvenirs can be found at Galerías Maldà. I've seen original though not so cheap souvenirs in the Architects Association's shop, in the building with the Picasso's mural, in the Cathedral Square.

Red is main building El Corte Inglés, purple, Galerías Maldà, in Portaferrisa Street, and yellow is original souvenirs. Blue is Portal de l'Àngel, las Ramblas, Portaferrisa....fe0ad35754ce4c01ec995044cbc61d55.jpg

My favorite shop for souvenirs in Barcelona is La Manual Alpargatera. A very old shop that sells handmade espadrilles for men, women and children. It is in the old quarter and always busy. The infant and children’s are adorable.

They are closed for lunch, but you can check address and hours on website.

My nieces and daughters loved theirs. They are very lightweight and flat so perfect to pack. Plus they are at least half the price that you will pay in the states!

My favorite tour is one done by an expat Brit on the Spanish civil war. It winds thru the old quarter for about two or three hours. He s very knowledgeable about the history. The guys love it. He has a website, also and is extremely highly rated.

Enjoy Barcelona....it is a great city.

Sent from my iPad using Forums