florida Everglades airboat ride question?

pjewell910

Last time we did it they asked on the bus when people's flights were. We got to FLL around 1. Included airboat ride, alligator show, some time for pictures with small gator and about 15 minutes for food or souvenirs. The suggested time for flights was no earlier than 2:30 and that would be a stretch with security lines.

Check the Florida board to see what they recommend.

I always wanted to try the airboat ride.

After many cruises out of South Florida we finally were able to do it last March.

I was not impressed.

Boats did not go fast, not really much to see, landscape all looked the same.

After 5 min I was ready to be done.

It was not anything exciting and would never do it again...

We did a Miami tour which include the Air Boat ride in the Everglades. Boats that did go fast at times. We did Scoot along at times to see Gators and other marine life.

We did get back to Miami airport around 4 pm after the Miami tour.

We just did this excursion on Sept. 16th. We had a 2:39pm flight and I was a little nervous about making it to the airport in time, but there was nothing to be concerned about.

On boarding, they stated that they would absolutely have us to the airport by 1pm at the latest. We were actually there before 12:30.

As far as the tour, we thought it was great. I grew up in Louisiana, so for me, it was a nice nostalgic throwback. For my girlfriend, she had never seen alligators except for in zoos, so it was total novelty for her. The airboats went fast enough to create a strong breeze and cool you off in the hot sun, and you would have to hold onto your hat to make sure it didn't blow away.