Oasis of the Seas - Central Park room on deck 10

bgoff60

We are usually 'outside balcony' cruisers. Last year we did a 'Boardwalk' balcony and all I have to say is never again.:evilsmile::evilsmile:..Long story and not for here.

So this year we are trying the Central Park balcony room on deck 10. (about half way down...)

Anything special or unique about these room we need to know about?

Where do I begin? You made an excellent choice!!

I stayed in one of these cabins on Harmony - 10207 to be exact. My brother and I shared this room while our parents had 10206 across the hall. We loved these rooms so much that when bookings open up for our planned 2020 Symphony cruise, we will seek out these exact same cabins again, with 10208-10209 and 10606-10607 as our second and third choices. We love that location because it’s directly above where the musicians play at night, and it’s also the lowest deck of CP balconies meaning you’re as close to the park as you can get with a balcony - however, you’re still high enough to get a view over the entire park. My balcony was right at the treetop of a tree that stood directly outside (although the wind sometimes managed to blow leaves onto the balcony), and there was a corresponding tree on the starboard side directly in front of the balcony of 10607.

We specifically booked our cabins on Harmony because we had enjoyed sitting in the park in the evenings on our past Allure and Oasis cruises and watching the evening musicians up close, and had wanted a view of that area - while I have heard the sound quality is also better in this area, there are speakers throughout the park that the are connected to the musician’s microphone and also play cricket and bird sounds that can be heard anywhere in (or in this case above) Central Park.

It’s beautiful especially at night with the lights and sounds. During the day you’ll have some noise from the pool deck band (as is to be expected with any CP balcony on any deck), but it’s minimal from Deck 10 and it’s only in the afternoons anyway, when most people are either onshore, up on the pool deck with them, or elsewhere out and about the ship. Other than that, it’s very quiet and I often found myself sitting outside and enjoying the ambience of it. I had a Boardwalk Balcony on Allure and while I did love the view and would definitely stay in one again without hesitation, in my opinion it still can’t compare to the serenity of Central Park.

I hope my photos are able to provide you with an idea of what’s in store for you - I hope my post helped, and please let me know if you have any other questions!6495cd04ca185878731ead1c57afdde0.png1fc7a6f2662cd9f3c6439874777c316f.png7dddc72f59c8b947c3c20aeb4a91263d.jpg7851d45e4fc1d7244bd1f9272141b60b.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

Again this is 10207, Harmony of the Seas, port side midship and the sixth balcony from the “living wall” at the forward end. Which area are you in? Either way, I’m sure you’ll be happy with your decision - I think you made a great choice on ship and stateroom! Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

My apologies that these ones are blurry, these are video stills. In the distance in the second photo is the Rising Tide Bar, while the first and third photos (and the bottom left corner of the second) show the skylights looking down into the Royal Promenade - I even got a direct view of the 90s party from my balcony, which enticed my mother and I to make our way down there and join in. I can’t say enough good things about this cabin and the relaxing atmosphere that came with it! ee61dac50b42754a85777825d786a1b3.png2cd683d3f8d5d5a45654a0fb46e81386.pngf2cc0f5219a90bf9c3a932aac4705b9b.png86c25e7e8f69e84acaf67efa8abd84aa.png

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

While my photos in the previous posts were from Harmony, Oasis should be very similar - however, Harmony does not have the purple lights shown in this photo (not my photo, I got this off the Internet and edited it to circle the lighting). I think that will add to the beauty at night.244233d350f72d8edb12bf22a213d561.jpg

We are usually 'outside balcony' cruisers. Last year we did a 'Boardwalk' balcony and all I have to say is never again.:evilsmile::evilsmile:..Long story and not for here.

So this year we are trying the Central Park balcony room on deck 10. (about half way down...)

Anything special or unique about these room we need to know about?

Same lack of privacy as the Boardwalk balconies. Quieter than Boardwalk, but can be hotter too as CP gets less air circulation.

So WHO has information on the above comments? Which might they be??

If I understand John&LaLa's post correctly rooms 10229, 10629, 11229, 11629, 12229, 12629, 14229, 14629 have double sized balconies.

The deck plans unfortunately do not show them accurately.

• Thanks 1

If I understand John&LaLa's post correctly rooms 10229, 10629, 11229, 11629, 12229, 12629, 14229, 14629 have double sized balconies.

The deck plans unfortunately do not show them accurately.

There is a storage locker next to them on Oasis. It is noisy, but not at night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks all. We are in room 10189. Early January sailing...as in 112 day to sailing but who is counting

Your cabin is 9 forward of the one I had, so your view should be similar to the photos above. Great location in my opinion! As has been mentioned, there are ones with double-wide balconies slightly forward of the Rising Tide Bar, which also look to be in ideal locations but as the PP said, they are next to crew service areas (although there are interior cabins as a buffer next to the ones on Decks 12 and 14 on Harmony and Symphony only). IMO, you chose a great cabin and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine!

• Thanks 1