Grease on Independance of the Seas (specifically on mini cruise?)

Hi all

We have a 3 night mini cruise on Indy next month. Seeing Grease is a big priority- I understand you can't book it pre-cruise, so what is the procedure for getting tickets on board? I have read a review that stated there is no ticket- if that's the case do you just show up? I imagine on a cruise this short it's only on a couple of times, and therefore there will be a very high demand? We don't mind showing up super early to queue if required.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but we are booked into 6305 the 'Ben and Jerries Sweet' (because why not, who doesn't want to look at a cow's butt all day), which I understand might entitle me to some extra benefits such as access to the concierge lounge- will this help me get seats for Grease?

Thank you, from a clueless RCI newbie!

First come, first served, no tickets or reservations.

If they give you a gold colored SeaPass card, you will have access to the reserved suite section of seats. Those are usually too far from the stage for our taste. If you prefer to sit closer, get to the theater at least 30 minutes before the start of the show.

Similar situation to OP but a 4 day cruise. Anyone know what night Grease typically plays on 3 or 4 day cruise?

OP, hope you enjoy that stateroom. We booked it too. The perks are amazing. :-)

See Compasses:

3-day: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=57020892#post57020892

4-day: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2649072

Grease has played on both a recent 2n and 3n cruise.

The Sweetie seats are in the upper tier, centre of the theatre. They open these up as a free for all about 10mins before the performance starts. There are not enough Sweetie seats to accommodate all suite guests and all D+ who are able to seat there so you need to be early if you want to sit there.

Thanks Bob. But those are for Mariner...Grease isn't playing on that ship. Wondering the times/days for coordinating dinner bookings (leaving time to get a good seat).

Thanks Bob. But those are for Mariner...Grease isn't playing on that ship. Wondering the times/days for coordinating dinner bookings (leaving time to get a good seat).

Sorry, I was looking at another Mariner thread. :o

I can’t find the CC from my 3n but on the 2n this May, Grease was on 4pm and 8pm on day 2, so they certainly try to get as many people to see it as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. Good to know it was offered twice, even on a short cruise.

Similar situation to OP but a 4 day cruise. Anyone know what night Grease typically plays on 3 or 4 day cruise?

OP, hope you enjoy that stateroom. We booked it too. The perks are amazing. :-)

Hope you enjoy it too! We were booked in an interior but it became available so I thought why not switch. I haven't told my husband that we are booked in it- he doesn't even know of it's existence. Can't wait to see his face when we walk into a room covered in cows [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We saw Grease on a 4 night sailing last year. It was wonderful! We showed up 15 minutes before the show and got great seats! There is an intermission as well, just so you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never seen an intermission in a cruise show before, that is interesting! Thanks for the tips.

Thanks to all the replies too :)

Hope you enjoy it too! We were booked in an interior but it became available so I thought why not switch. I haven't told my husband that we are booked in it- he doesn't even know of it's existence. Can't wait to see his face when we walk into a room covered in cows [emoji23] [emoji23]

You'll have to report back! The decor and the "view" seem funny. And the extras aren't that bad. ;) Enjoy!