Thermal Spa on Escape

ELA

How much is the thermal spa on Escape and does it get incredibly busy? I was on Breakaway in December and it was ok as I am an early riser.

I don’t see it online for pre-purchase.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The price should be similar to the Breakaway. Call general reservations to book in advance for a discount.

The Thermal Suite on the Escape is [much] larger than the Breakaway (more loungers, hot stone loungers), wrapping around the bow of the ship. It also features a snow room (in addition to the standard spa facilities) which is a gimmick. We were on the Escape in April and the Thermal Suite never got "full". It was "busy" on sea day afternoons.

How much is the thermal spa on Escape and does it get incredibly busy? I was on Breakaway in December and it was ok as I am an early riser.

I don’t see it online for pre-purchase.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check out the full walk thru video.....

I was recently on the Escape and had a thermal pass, purchased in advance for $199 per person. The only day I noticed it being "busy" was the first sea day. However, I found the staff to be good at removing the bags of MIA chair-hoggers from the thermal loungers. I usually went in the morning after breakfast (10am-ish), or in the later afternoon before dinner (4pm-ish), and did not notice it to be too crowded.

• 1 month later...

It's worth every penny.  Get it.  And no, it doesn't get crowded as the passes are limited.  The ONLY thing you may not be able to get is a hot stone lounger when it's busy, but even those become available.  Getting a very nice padded lounger, space in the thermal pool, saunas, etc..  All pretty much empty.  Best thing we did on our Escape cruise was get the Thermal Suite.  Wouldn't even consider that ship again without it.

We love the Escape Thermal Spa. Next May will be our third cruise on the Escape. This time we booked a spa mini-suite which includes access to the Thermal Spa in the price. Our cabin is just one deck above the spa. Guess you know where I'll be spending a lot of my time.😊

• 2 weeks later...

We got it on Escape last month for $199pp via pre-cruise pricing.  It was on our planner a year out (not yet available) and then disappeared.  Others in the groups said the same thing.  Then at 90 days our or so, I called in and they had to track it down, and I was able to book it over the tele .  It did not came back as an option to buy online until just before the cruise.  

Was not crowded except for the last day (sea day).  Staff was excellent at keeping the towels off of all the loungers people were hogging.  

• 2 months later...

This is my first Norwegian Cruise.  I have seen many comments stating that the Thermal Spa is a must-do, but I cannot see any explanation as to what makes it worth an additional $200.  Can anyone please go into further detail as to why they love the Thermal Spa so much?  Thank you!

IMO, the thermal spa is a must if you are someone who likes relaxing spa treatments. With tip, you will spend near $200 on a single spa treatment. Instead of having a one time 1 hour treatment, I had a mini spa service every day.  I loved the therapy pool massages on my back and feet, the heated lounge chairs, and the steam/sauna. It was relaxing to me (but those things might not be to everyone).  On cruises, I tend to overindulge on food and drink compared to my regular diet. The thermal spa helped me to feel a little less like a sloth! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, smdemauro said:

This is my first Norwegian Cruise.  I have seen many comments stating that the Thermal Spa is a must-do, but I cannot see any explanation as to what makes it worth an additional $200.  Can anyone please go into further detail as to why they love the Thermal Spa so much?  Thank you!

I have had passes to the thermal suites on the Breakaway twice.  The first time we used the spa almost every day.  It's relaxing, the hot tub and pool are rarely used and the heated lounge chairs are wonderful.  Very relaxing,  Our second time with the pass, we didn't use it as much as we could have and I don't think we got our money's worth.  (Note - the spa closed early the last full night).  I believe it is a much better option than the Vibe and not much more.  But you have to consider how much you will use it.  I have two cruises coming up this year on the Escape.  One to Bermuda in June and one to New England/Canada in September.  The June cruise is with family, some of whom have never been on a cruise. I am giving thermal suite passes to my older daughter and her fiance (he has never been on a cruise).  It will be a great way for them to get away together and relax without the crowds.  We will purchase the passes for our September cruise because it will be cool outside for much of the trip and the thermal suite will be nice and toasty.

• Like 1

The spa is the only way to go

no kids alliowed

bring a book and watch sail away from the warmth of a lounge

best naps ever

even on port days after a long day at the beach or tooling around it's great to relax before dinner

yes you can robes and towels in ladies/men's room

Edited by Grandmafreddie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, jenneloveslife said:

What spa treatments (mini ones) can you get with your pass?  I just thought it was spaces we access.  There are services too?

None. You just get access to the thermal suite (wet sauna, dry sauna, steam, salt bath, ice, and hydro therapy pools). Along with lingers and hot stone beds.