Ncl gem

PEB

Yesterday we booked the Gem for a B2B Canada New England cruise for Oct 2019. I have cruised on many cruise lines but it has been about 16 years since I was a passenger on NCL. I did work on NCL Pride of Aloha and Pride of America over 10 years ago. Seeing we booked the Gem I went to Yourtube to check out some video's and for the most part was pleased with the exception of 1 video. This video was from a January 2018 cruise and showed water leaking in a hallway from the lights and water seeping into a room. It was in a storm at the time. I guess my question is what kind of shape do you consider the Gem to be in?

Another question would be what may be your favorite place on the Gem?

Thank you for any responses you may have.

I LOVED sitting in the Great Outdoors ... had breakfast there most days. It's nice to have a formal sit down breakfast in the dining room ... but not every day.

My favorite place was Magnums Piano Bar ... Justin Golan, Entertainer/Piano Player, is one of the best performers I've encountered on any cruise ship. He works really hard to make sure the guests are having the best time/experience possible. He is SO crazy talented, funny (better than any comedian on the Gem) and personable. Really made for a great cruise.

First time for me to be onboard for 20 days. It simultaneously was getting weird being on the ship that long and also ... OMG, tomorrow is Friday/last day of the cruise?

I also loved the Atrium ... met up with so many people over and over again and just catch up with them & their cruise.

The Spinnaker is a great hide away ... grab your book/kindle/nook and be in your own little world for a bit.

We sailed on the Gem in April/May 2018. I don't have a comparison as it was our first cruise. What we loved best in no order:

* The spa.

* The series of bars to listen to music in the evenings.

* Breakfast in the Grand Pacific main dining room. It is a beautiful space.

* The 13th deck. Close to the action/feel of the pool but still able to read/doze.

* Stardust Theater -- super venue esp for a ship of this size

* Having a sushi roll before a show, then dinner after that

(My least favorite spaces: walking thru the photo and art galleries)

Gem cruisers - Sorry to report - I met Leo on the Jewel this past August. He was doing Alaska and after that he will be sailing on NCL Asian routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great news!!! Hope to see Leo on the 3/4/19 Cruise out of Singapore.

• 1 month later...

Anybody who enjoyed Justin's shows on the NCL Gem, can see him at the show in NYC.  Details below.  There are a number of us from The Gem who will be laughing and cheering him on.  

Patrick Duffy & Justin Golan’s Piano Bar Show
Presented By The Duplex
Saturday, December 22nd at 7:00pm EST
Online sale ends: 12/22/18 at 5:30pm EST
The Duplex Cabaret Theatre
61 Christopher Street (at the Corner of 7th Avenue)
New York, NY 10014

Patrick Duffy and Justin Golan presents: NYC Piano Bar Showdown!  Come join us for a night of classic singalongs, but stay for the laughs!  This duelling piano show is the perfect gift for your friends, family or mistress. 
Justin Golan the beatbox/piano man

Justin is a professional Piano Bar Entertainer and Beatboxer from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He has worked for several major cruise lines  as a Pianist, Piano Bar Entertainer and Music Director. With over 15 years experience as a vocal percussionist (beatboxer), Justin pushes the boundaries of the human voice and captivates audiences with his abilities. As a Piano Bar Entertainer, Justin puts on a high energy show with improvisational roasts and toasts, spontaneous beatboxing, and sing alongs!