Vacation Protection Plan Cancelation

kaseyj79

Hello all! When I booked my cruise I told my rep I do not want the vacation protection plan. I am set to sail next week and when I went to pay for my gratuities it looks like the protection plan was indeed added and I paid for it when I made my final payment. Does anyone know if there is anyway to get reimbursed for this or to use it towards my gratuities. This isn't a matter of me changing my mind its that I never wanted it from the beginning when we booked back in March. Yes I probably should have paid more attention, but its our first cruise and everything has been so confusing. I also thought my rep would have honored my wishes and not included something I did not want.

Hello all! When I booked my cruise I told my rep I do not want the vacation protection plan. I am set to sail next week and when I went to pay for my gratuities it looks like the protection plan was indeed added and I paid for it when I made my final payment. Does anyone know if there is anyway to get reimbursed for this or to use it towards my gratuities. This isn't a matter of me changing my mind its that I never wanted it from the beginning when we booked back in March. Yes I probably should have paid more attention, but its our first cruise and everything has been so confusing. I also thought my rep would have honored my wishes and not included something I did not want.

I don't 'think' you can remove when you pass the 30 days til your cruise mark!

Otherwise everyone would cancel the last minute! Check with Carnival!

Doubtful.....here is a clause in the documents. If not people would take insurance and then cancel at the last minute when they know it is likely nothing has come up.

NATIONWIDE MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANYTRAVEL PROTECTION INSURANCE CERTIFICATE

This Certificate of Insurance describes all of the travel insurance benefits, underwritten by Nationwide Mutual InsuranceCompany and herein referred to as the Company. The insurance benefits vary from program to program. Please refer tothe accompanying Confirmation of Coverage. It provides You with specific information about the program You purchased.This Certificate of Insurance is issued in consideration of the enrollment and payment of any premium due. All statementsin the enrollment are representations and not warranties. Only statements contained in a written enrollment will be used tovoid insurance, reduce benefits or defend a claim.All premium is non-refundable after a ten (10) day review period from the date of purchase in the event if you have not incurredany claims during that time.

NO DIVIDENDS WILL BE PAYABLE UNDER THIS CERTIFICATE.