Epic free Specialty Dining plan question

smd8z

New to NCL (sailing Epic in March). We have only ever done Disney with kids. There are 3 of us sailing together (mom, sister and I), and two of us in our cabin received the "free Specialty Dining" for 3 nights. My question is, how does this work with the 3rd person if we are planning to go to 3 a la carte restaurants? Should we purchase that 3rd person the dining plan ahead of time or pay a la carte?

If we don't purchase the dining plan for the 3rd person, how do the servers know which person to charge when we dine? We are all together in one cabin and paying together. Do they charge us for the person who orders the most food? Thanks for any help navigating this; totally new to the specialty dining, reservations thing since we never had to do it on Disney.

Just tell the servers up front and they will work it out. If it was me I would have the 3rd person buy the plan, it is a good value.

Thats what I was thinking. I just checked out the menus and it looks like $27 per day for the 3 day specialty dining will be easily covered at the a la carte restaurants.

Thats what I was thinking. I just checked out the menus and it looks like $27 per day for the 3 day specialty dining will be easily covered at the a la carte restaurants.

Yup....my normal meal at Cagney's for example would probably be $45.

When you book your cruise the passengers in a cabin are categorized as 1st 2nd 3rd 4th passenger. Usually in order names are provided. So to answer your quedtion look at your reservation. 3rd person would be charged. You can have the names moved around to fit what you want. We did... 4 of us over 21.. only 1st 2nd get free drink package so I made sure DW and where 1st and 2nd on reservation to get free drinks