Advice on jeep excursion in Cozumel please?

legalwife

Friend is taking hubby on first cruise to Cozumel for his retirement and so excited. She is very interested in jeep excursion, but we can't decide on which one to do. Does jeep have top to block out some sun? icon_redface.gif Where does it go? Do they really go through jungle and neat areas or where? How much is the excursion? She missed out on this on her other cruise she went on and is driving me nuts when I tell her she cannot book in advance. She is determined to get there this time! They were all booked up before. Please help us, and help me so she will quit "spazzing" icon_smile.gif

As always, thanks so much.

Robin

Fantasy/Disney Magic/RCI Sov. of Seas/Inspiration/ Tropicale/RCI Sov.of Seas/ Sensation/Celebration 10/04

Live well, laugh often, love much....

You may want to go to 'Ports-of-Call' and go to Cozumel or, I have already booked one through:

aventurasnaturalascozumel.com

Good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This much time until I marry my best friend

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

USS 'Neversail' SanDiego 10/65

We did the 4X4 Jeep Adventure to Paradise last January and had a blast!!!! icon_biggrin.gif I don't remember the price, think it was around $80.00, but could have been less.

The Jeeps meet you in a parking lot by the dock and you followed the leader through town. Once you got off the road they took us through some great rugged terrain with lots of holes and lots of water! Since you weren't on a path you had pretty much freedom to dash and spin around to make sure you hit every possble hole and splash as much muddy water as you could on your fellow passengers (4 to a Jeep)! Then we ended up on a beach where we got on a catamaran that took us over to Paradise island. There they had a lunch for us and a nice beach with lounges, hammock, volleyball net etc.

After spending a few hours there we headed back the same way we came and pretty much made a real mess of ourselves LOL! (never did get my shirt clean) The tour guides were great as far as letting you drive all over the place as long as you stayed nearby.

Returning to the ship we were told that we were not to stop to go shopping or to Carlos & Charlies. They had one guide Jeep leading the procession and one following.

We were the last Jeep and kept signaling to the guides behind us that we were going to turn to go to Carlos & Charlies. Well when we got hung up at a stop light (me being in the backseat) turned around and made uturn motions and the guide beeped his horn and made the straight ahead motion. Storm'n Norman was driving and from the rearview mirror thought the guide was telling him to go through the stop light LOL! After running the light and the guide following us through we were finally FREE! Needless to say, the other Jeeps were way far ahead of us and a police car pulled over our guide and gave him a ticket! icon_biggrin.gif

That was one adventure I will never forget! icon_cool.gif

Mary Lynn

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

a-angel.gif

OH HELL, WHERE IS MY SECRETARY???

cruiseship01.gif

Windjammer Flying Cloud 8/78

Windjammer Fantome (deceased) 8/80

Big Red Boat 4/93

Holiday 4/95

Celebration 4/96

Sovereign of the Seas 10/98

Sensation 4/99

Jubilee 7/01

Victory 1/02

Pride 11/02

Triumph (Joe McBlow cruise) 1/03

Spirit 2/03

Inspiration 2/03

RCL Explorer of the Seas 6/03

Princess Star 10/03

Victory 2/04

Triumph 5/04

Miracle 2/05

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Here's my advice....If there are only 2 of you, try to pair up with another couple that looks fun, because there are 4 to a jeep. The husband and I got stuck with some teenagers ( we're not old, we were in our mid 20's) but it pretty much sucked. One of them tried to drive, but the dork couldn't drive a stick shift. It would have been more fun if we would have had the jeep to ourselves. It was a bummer, plus when they take a picture of you in the jeep, we have these dorks in the picture as well - making a stupid face. When friends go through our photo album from the cruise, they ask, who are these freaks with you? So for $80 a pop, we were stuck sharing the jeep with people we would have cared not to cheaffer around.

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Sitmar Fairsea 4/ 1983 ( I was just a little kid!!)

Thats a main reason we did not do it last cruise. There are 4 to a jeep and the thought of getting stuck with some wierdoss did nothing for us. Its very unusual for two people to have the jeep themselves...or so I was told.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Thanks so much for the info. I am passing each one on to my friend. Did you book yours through the ship or on your own?

Keep 'em coming, and thanks again!

Robin

Fantasy/Disney Magic/RCI Sov. of Seas/Inspiration/ Tropicale/RCI Sov.of Seas/ Sensation/Celebration 10/04

Live well, laugh often, love much....

I booked ours through the ship as soon as we boarded. You would think for $160 ( $80 each) they could give you your own Jeep. Also, since the Jeeps are stick shift, you should have to be able to drive one or be accompanied by an adult to go on the tour. It's not fair to other people to have to get stuck with the minors because their parents dumped them off on another excursion. I am still mad about that. That is why we are making our friends cruise with us next time so we aren't the odd people out that get stuck with somebody else's kids!

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Sitmar Fairsea 4/ 1983 ( I was just a little kid!!)

We did the 4x4 jungle and snorkle tour last Oct. My parents (in their 70's)went too. They still say that was the best excursion on the whole trip. Yes, they make you go 4 per jeep, and the driver has to sign a paper and has to know how to drive a stick. No big deal. First we went to an eco park and looked around then to a beach, and at the end going back, we did indeed go off road. It was the wildest ride I have ever been on. So much fun. I would love to do it again.

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

This jeep excursion is not like driving through the town touring.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We rented a new jeep from Hertz right at the pier. Made reservations ahead of time for a regular car but changed to a jeep at the pier. There were five of us and we had a great time touring the island on our own. Stopped at a beach for drinks and snacks - it was a great day as we could stop where we wanted to stop and there were no crowds once we were out of town. Enjoy!

• 7 years later...
well is really simple to explain,:) if they (tour operators) give you a car for you and your wife, they would spend more money in car expenses and gas, so is simple, next time you are trying to get a car for you and your wife, you can buy four tickets, and that would be a very simple but expensive way to solve details, hope this explanations help to understand why were you stuck with teenagers:mad:. regards

Dude.. Do you realize that you are responding to a thread that is 7 years old?

Archived