Losing My FunShip virginity on the Horizon - Live 8/22

CruizinCutieJulia

OMG it’s Day 8 and people are still talking about how to use the elevators!!!! [emoji33]

John Heald made a video about this, they talk about it in the welcome aboard show, but people still don’t get it. I would suggest putting an instruction board at each elevator, but those same people don’t read signs either. Let me break it down for you:

1) approach elevator panel

2) select floor you want to go to

3) go stand an appropriate distance from the door assigned to you (this means not in front of it so no one can get out when the doors open)

4) if there are more than 1 in your group, select the floor you want to go to for each person in your group (or like toddlers, let everyone push their own button to select the floor)

5) if you are in a scooter, wheelchair or pushing a stroller: select the handicap ️ icon and then the floor.

The elevator will know how many people are in the elevator currently coming or how many people it can hold to stop the number of times it needs to. For example, if 3 single riders come to an elevator on deck 2 and they select deck 6, deck 10 and deck 11 - they will most likely all be directed to the same car.

The system works - you just have to have everyone using it understanding why it really is more efficient. But if someone in a group of 10 on deck 2 selects to go to deck 10 but only push the button once, when someone on deck 5 wants to go to deck 10, the car will come and be full, whereas if the correct number of people were selected, the person on deck 5 would be assigned a different car.

I hope this helps!! Don’t be on your sailing and still not understand on day 8 —- it will only annoy you and others around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh wow! :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:Hate you came home to such a mess! Hope clean up is smooth. Take good care of you and your family. We'll be here waiting patiently when time permits.

Sorry for going MIA — it was a great vacation so of course when I eat home I would find a burst pipe under my kitchen sink and moldy cabinets stinking up my apartment 🤢

I have all the fun times and will get them up ASAP!!

Thanks for following along

Thanks for the Fun Times! I'm cruising this weekend, and wondered how many kids were onboard. I'm not opposed to kids, they just drive up the occupancy which results in more lines.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

On our sailing I believe they said they had 575 or so kids on board. Didn’t seems like very many to me

• 2 months later...

Thank you for such a thorough review with the funtimes. Carnival was our very first cruise over 15 years ago and we have since traveled on Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian. We are debating on going back to Carnival, but are concerned about the amount of entertainment available since Carnival does not have aqua or ice shows, but your review eased my mind on that aspect. It also seems like there is more of a variety of food options on Carnival. May I ask were there places to get food after 9pm? When we traveled on RC Harmony of the Seas, the only food options after 9pm were the Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's, which was disappointing. Also, may I ask what the perks of getting a Havana cabin are, other than the private pool/sundeck area? Do you know if kids are allowed in the Havana area or is it adults only? Thank you.

8 minutes ago, icedancer43 said:

[...]  May I ask were there places to get food after 9pm? When we traveled on RC Harmony of the Seas, the only food options after 9pm were the Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's, which was disappointing. Also, may I ask what the perks of getting a Havana cabin are, other than the private pool/sundeck area? Do you know if kids are allowed in the Havana area or is it adults only? Thank you.

So this isn't a Horizon-specific answer, but the ships tend to be very similar.  As for food after 9pm, there is always pizza and ice cream 24hr/day.  The Deli is open until 11pm, which includes normal deli hot/cold sandwiches plus hot dogs and probably a few other options.  If you have Anytime Dining option, I think you can go to sit down dinner as late as 9:30pm.  Also the Lido buffet usually stays open for dinner until around 9:30pm.  I think the specialty restaurants (fee) are also usually open until 9:30pm.  They have a late night "snack" buffet with limited (but free) selections from 11:30pm until 1am - that includes usually grilled ham/cheese sandwiches, chips, cookies, and probably some other options I've forgotten.  Plus there is always room service, which will have a fee at night.  You should be able to find all these menus if you search a bit online. 

As for Havana, I believe all guests have to be 12 or over to book the room or be on the Havana deck.  I think the uncrowded pool deck until 7pm is the main attraction for Havana rooms, although they also have the Havana Cabana "patios" if you choose that room, which is a unique option.  Someone else probably has more details on this. 

Hope this helps...