Losing My FunShip virginity on the Horizon - Live 8/22

CruizinCutieJulia

I stayed in the Havana area in an inside cabin on the Horizon back in August out of NYC and will do it again next August out of Miami doing the southern route.  The Havana area is open for those staying in a Havana cabin until 700 pm each day.  Afterwards it opens up for anyone.  You also need to be 12 to stay in a Havana cabin.  The small pool and two hot tubs were never crowded, in direct contrast with the other pools and hot tubs on board.  It is a ship within a ship concept for a reasonable upcharge.

Pizza is available 24 hours.

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Havana area is open for those staying in a Havana cabin until 700 pm each day.  Afterwards it opens up for anyone. 

The Havana area being open for everyone after 7pm is a good tip. Thank you. Do you know if the Havana area is open for swimming after 7pm for everyone or just to spend time in the area? Also, when it is open for everyone, does the age of 12 still apply or can younger children come as well? Thank you for your information. 

16 hours ago, PalmTree601 said:

So this isn't a Horizon-specific answer, but the ships tend to be very similar.  As for food after 9pm, there is always pizza and ice cream 24hr/day.  The Deli is open until 11pm, which includes normal deli hot/cold sandwiches plus hot dogs and probably a few other options.  If you have Anytime Dining option, I think you can go to sit down dinner as late as 9:30pm.  Also the Lido buffet usually stays open for dinner until around 9:30pm.  I think the specialty restaurants (fee) are also usually open until 9:30pm.  They have a late night "snack" buffet with limited (but free) selections from 11:30pm until 1am - that includes usually grilled ham/cheese sandwiches, chips, cookies, and probably some other options I've forgotten.  Plus there is always room service, which will have a fee at night.  You should be able to find all these menus if you search a bit online. 

As for Havana, I believe all guests have to be 12 or over to book the room or be on the Havana deck.  I think the uncrowded pool deck until 7pm is the main attraction for Havana rooms, although they also have the Havana Cabana "patios" if you choose that room, which is a unique option.  Someone else probably has more details on this. 

Hope this helps... 

Thank you for the information about the Havana. Unfortunately, that option will not apply to us since we have a preschooler, but good to know for the future. I am glad to know there are a variety of food options. It also helps that the buffet is open until 9:30 pm and reopens again later at night. Thank you for all this  helpful information.

1 hour ago, icedancer43 said:

The Havana area being open for everyone after 7pm is a good tip. Thank you. Do you know if the Havana area is open for swimming after 7pm for everyone or just to spend time in the area? Also, when it is open for everyone, does the age of 12 still apply or can younger children come as well? Thank you for your information. 

After 700, the pool and hot tubs are open for anyone to utilize, including those under the age of 12.  We never physically were in that area after 700 since we were either having dinner, having drinks or listening to music in the piano bar.

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

After 700, the pool and hot tubs are open for anyone to utilize, including those under the age of 12.  We never physically were in that area after 700 since we were either having dinner, having drinks or listening to music in the piano bar.

Thank you for that information. It is very helpful.