Extreme Elegence Limo in Houston?

tonyt

I'm so glad I just saw your post when I logged into Cruise Critic.

Do not use this company!!!! I can't say enough not to use them. We just sailed on the Grand on the December 17 cruise and we booked them along with another family who was flying in the next day. Now we had booked with them a couple of months before we were to fly. Had reconfirmed one week before we flew to Houston with a couple of changes. Well there was no one there to pick us up at the airport and when I called I was told they didn't have our flight number. Now I had given it to them twice. The Expedition we had reserved they didn't bring and they promised they would. Then for the return they didn't even have our reservation the morning of disembarkation. The other lady in our party called them when we docked, they had no record of it (remember everything had been reconfirmed). The 7 of us ended us taking a taxi van back to the airport and it actually was a bit cheaper.

Long story short: Don't go with them at all.

Hulagirl

I can't agree with HulaGirl more. We had read reviews of them before we left and there was only 1 bad one. We thought it was just one odd case. We should've paid more attention.

We've used stretch limos for our trips for about the past 3-4 years and I have NEVER, ever seen such a poorly run company as Extreme Elegance. We booked on 9/4/05 for a December 17 & 24 pick up and re-confirmed many times in that time span between the booking and the cruise.

Somehow, they "lost" our reservation for the 24th. The person that answers the phone hardly speaks English at all, doesn't understand you well at all and has a hard time writing down phone numbers even! When I called on the 24th to tell them where we'd be waiting for our SUV Stretch Limo, the person on the phone said they don't have an SUV Stretch Limo and would've never booked that. (This is after about 6 calls to reconfirm and everything was fine.)

She said she'd send a Town Car for the luggage and a reg. stretch limo for the passengers and would charge us the same price! I said there was no way I was going to accept that when the other arrangement was promised. About 10 mins. later, the Extreme Elegance woman calls me back on my cell and tells me they "found" the SUV Stretch Limo. ???? Huh? How can you suddenly "find" that? Needless to say, we weren't going to do business with them. We couldn't trust that they'd even show up when promised.

It's a long story and I've documented all the calls. Bottom line, if you want trouble-free transportation, don't go with this crack-pot company.

Tony: I have heard good things about GalvestonLimo services. I know they have shared ride service and private also. This one seems to be mentioned a lot. We didn't go with them because we didn't want to share a ride and also there were 7 of us returning and we thought we had found a good ride.

Wish I could give you some more information, but we did what you are doing and thought we had done right. Are you staying at a hotel for the night in Galveston? If so, a call to them to see who they would recommed might also pay off. I know the one I mentioned above was recommended to me by Moody Gardens and I wish I had taken their advice.

Hulagirl

I read some of the negative reviews on Extreme Elegance and thought how bad could they be!!LOL I found out! I had reconfirmed just prior to leaving for my cruise and was emailed "No problem, see you in Houston"! Everything was fine for the pickup in Houston to Galveston but nobody was there to take us back to the airport after the cruise. I called four times and paged them once. Noone answered the phone nor bothered to call us back. They had both my cell and my wife's cell phone numbers. Finally when it became apparent they were not picking us up we took a taxi van for a little more $ but we at least made our flight. The best part of the story is upon returning home I emailed them and told them how disappointed I was in their service. I got a nasty response on how they tried to call both the contact numbers I provided with no response and that someone always answers their phones. Basically calling me a liar! Well, phone records don't lie and I contacted the BBB in Houston to file a complaint.

It's funny, on the Princess board there is a question from another poster asking about limo service to Galveston. This poster says they used Extreme Elegance before and even if they were free they wouldn't use them again.

Lady Jag above is the other party we were traveling with. We got no e-mail confirmation at all which did concern me in the beginning. I guess this isn't uncommon with limo companies, so I didn't worry about it. Trying to contact them was difficult, but we were able to the week before to reconfirm, but that obviously didn't mean a thing. They have to be the worst run operation around.

Hopefully other people find out about them and don't make the same mistake that some of us have.

Hulagirl

Archived