Who to ask for Upgrades

luxury

We will be sailing on Carnival Pride 1-29-06. Our ta told us to ask for an upgrade...she told us the ship is not full. Does anyone know who we ask? Do we ask when we check in or when on board ask the purser? Thanks for any info.....normally our travel agent gets us an upgrade. She is no longer working as a ta so, we have a new one.............and should I say old one..........

Also, if anyone has been on the Pride, can you tell us about alternate dining?

Thanks, Sandy

I have been looking into this myself....we are less than 3 weeks out now. I have an 8E booked and there are still 9A's available which I thought would be great. I called my TA and we decided that we would wait until about 2 weeks out and see what we could get.....I booked with a Resident Rate which included category Upgrades...I will see what happens next week and then I am going to have her check again once we are a couple of days from sailing and the manifests are due in and booking is DONE.....I am happy where I am but would love to have that aft wrap balcony with my BF!!

My TA suggested that I check when we are boarding if all else fails but I have not heard many receptive responses to this of late.

I have never sailed the Pride but alternate dining seems to be the same on most Carnival ships - what is your specific quesion?? Alternate dining on Carnival as i have seen it is the Lido Deck Buffet Dining Room....

The purser is the one to ask ask about an upgrade. You might check at the purser's desk once you get on board. However, the ship will probably be sailing at full capacity, with late bookings. On each of my cruises, I've seen the sign "No cabins available" at the purser's desk. Never hurts to ask though. Good luck.:)

You do know that any upgrade you might get would be at the going rate for that cabin, right? No freebies or discounts, even if a cabin were available.

Do you have a guaranteed cabin? That;s usually the only way you are upgraded.

Why isnt your TA doing this for you. If you calll Carnival, they will tell you your TA is the one who needs to call.

Cotton is right though every time we've sailed there is a sign by the pursor's office saying "no upgrades, ship is full"

So call your TA NOW and good luck.

The purser is the one to ask ask about an upgrade. You might check at the purser's desk once you get on board. However, the ship will probably be sailing at full capacity, with late bookings. On each of my cruises, I've seen the sign "No cabins available" at the purser's desk. Never hurts to ask though. Good luck.:)

You do know that any upgrade you might get would be at the going rate for that cabin, right? No freebies or discounts, even if a cabin were available.

I am definetly expecting to pay for the upgrade.

I selected my cabin for this sailing.....At the time I booked I was seriously considering a 9A but I was able to get a great Resident Rate on an 8A that included upgrades to ANY deck so I picked out an 8E on the Promenade. There was no special rate for the 9A available so the cost differential between the 8E and the 9A cabin was over $1000. I am keeping an eye on the bookings and have seen the price drop a bit so I figure it does not hurt to check and if the cabins stay available and if the price goes down a bit more then maybe we will find it worthwhile to pay-up and get that aft-wrap balcony.

Thanks for all the info...we have sailed many times and have had many upgrades. Our TA quit her job and we were given someone new....oh my...everything she has done she has messed us....she is the one that said she could do nothing to get us an upgrade....but here this....my sister and her hubby are going also and they called to get their room number from this TA and she didn't have a room. So, to make a long story short, they were given a balcony! She told us she that balcony came out of her (TA's) pocket. So she couldn't do anything for us. Wild and Crazy...

After all the problems, we are still looking forward to our cruise and our oceanview cabin. We have a drink or 2 with my sister and her husband on their balcony.

We love Carnival and have traveled with them 7 times. Can't wait...Also heard they have new bedding......

Have not done the Mexican Rev. Thanks again.

We sailed on Pride in 2003 and LOVED IT! We had booked about 6 months in advance. The cruise price dropped significantly and Carnival wouldnt give us a refund. Our TA gave me the email address of the president of Carnival and his assistant. I wrote a very nice email explaining that I didnt feel I should be penalized for booking so far in advance. That this was our first time on Carnival and I had convinced my DH to try it against his wishes and I didnt want him to say I told you so. I stated that we had booked a balcony cabin but that if they chose to upgrade us I did not want the 2 categories above us because of the location/size of the balconies. The next day my TA called and said - guess what? You've been upgraded to a category 11 suite! I didnt tell my DH until we arrived at the port. He walked over to the check in area and I said "nope - we get to go to the Skippers Club". He was so surprised. It was really cool. So for us the email to Bob worked. Unfortunately I dont have his email address anymore....

How do you find out if your ship is full or not. I'm booked on the Miracle leaving on March 5th. We booked through CC and I'm not quite sure who to ask for an upgrade either.

you go to carnivals web site and make believe you are booking a cruise for your sailing. take it all the way through to see what cabins are available. If seeing less then 7-9 then its almsot sold out.. cruiselines will only show 7-9 available cabins at any given time.

Youwill also need to change the number of passengers from 2- 3 then 4 to see all avaialibity. You will see other cabins that are still good to go

I am definetly expecting to pay for the upgrade.

When you see the price drop, I would go ahead and book. Since you are expecting to pay for the upgrade anyway, waiting would only raise the chances that the category you want will not be available.

Good luck!

Archived