What if Price Drop and Used OBC?

LuCruise

Your cruise cancelled or what you purchased with your OBC? And this was before your final payment?

Good your TA notified you. We booked with Royal. Still no indication. I see order history on both accounts and list balance for the Bogo and Excursion as $0 CAD.

They would have cancelled the whole cruise.....not what I paid for with OBC!:eek:

Thanks will check. I assume they will be raising the base price then. ;)

They certainly raised it on the cruise we booked for next May. The base price went from $2699, where it has been since May 2018, to $3353. The taxes and fees went up too. We would end up paying close to $1000 more under the 60% off second guest "sale".

This happened to us just a few weeks ago. We'd made the booking ourselves and found that the price had dropped a great deal. We had already used our OBC for a wine tasting and wi-fi. DH called RCI and asked about an upgrade due to the price drop. (We were already after final payment.) The cruise consultant offered us a guaranteed balcony, unassigned, or a Forward Outside cabin, no charge but no onboard credit. Because we had already spent our OBC, she talked to Resolutions. They okayed our keeping the OBC and our OBC purchases.

It could be they gave us special treatment because this will be our first RCI cruise, but I really don't know.

That's really lucky. Am guessing that is a one time off thing.

They would have cancelled the whole cruise.....not what I paid for with OBC!:eek:

Yikes. That's scary...esp if no notification. Glad you were told and it worked out. This cruise is way out and not 100% confirmed on our side if keeping it, but think i'll give them a call.

They certainly raised it on the cruise we booked for next May. The base price went from $2699, where it has been since May 2018, to $3353. The taxes and fees went up too. We would end up paying close to $1000 more under the 60% off second guest "sale".

It's all relative to when you book...