When will Celebrity do $50 deposits again?

Amylou1981

I love it when this happens because we can get a big group together to all commit to at least making a deposit on a cruise. Far easier than the typical $900 deposit. Any insider info here? I have not seen one in a WHILE...

A reliable source said around January. $25 deposit promotion. Includes free grats.

Good luck.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I have been waiting for them as well. They typically do one in the fall and once at the beginning of the year.

I am hoping around black Friday. Keep an eye out and follow Celebrity on social media, they always announce it on Twitter first.

I love it when this happens because we can get a big group together to all commit to at least making a deposit on a cruise. Far easier than the typical $900 deposit. Any insider info here? I have not seen one in a WHILE...

Hopefully never, this type of deposit simply ties up a lot of cabins that will never be sailed. Sometimes folks book as many as four cabins on one cruise just to hold space until they decide which one they actually want.

This causes low inventory levels. which may lead to price increases. Once final payment date arrives all the excess cabins are canceled and do to the glut of inventory prices drop causing angst for many people who duly note same on cruise critic.

I agree with the problem noted with such low deposits, and the OP provides the perfect example of why it is not a great idea: “we can get a big group to at least make a deposit”. I guess if someone won’t make a larger deposit, then they aren’t that interested in cruising.

Den