Hilton Garden Inn/ Miami

sc4125

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (Miami Airport West)? I have reservations for next month - a one night stay with free parking for the duration of the 7 day cruise. I'm wondering if this hotel is in a decent area - anything nearby to eat.

I can cancel up to the day before (Oct 18) and either book something else, or drive the 4-5 hours to Miami on the day of the cruise & park at the port if necessary. I've driven down on the day of the cruise several times, but am always a little nervous that I may have car trouble on the way down or something that will hold us up and we miss the ship.

Any thoughts on the hotel??

• 11 months later...
On 9/27/2018 at 9:27 AM, sc4125 said:

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (Miami Airport West)?

Did you end up staying there? We are considering it and looking for someone who had some experience with the hotel and parking there particularly. 

If you did stay, what did you use for return transport? 

Actually we ended up staying at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that is popular among cruisers and just driving for 30 minutes to the Miami port the next morning and parking at the pier.

After researching the cost of a taxi or uber from the port to the hotel and the cost of the hotel stay, it just didn't seem worthwhile.  I would have probably taken a taxi to the port from the hotel also, just because the last time we used a hotel shuttle it was a disaster.  We were on the first shuttle (actually a large bus) and it seemed to take forever for the driver to put everyone's luggage in the bin and then he stopped at 3 other ships before reaching ours.  It took almost an hour to reach our ship once we made it to the port - I real nightmare!