Visa advice

ZZRLAD

Hi All,

We are flying out to Dubai from the UK next March to hook up with Oceana. First few ports of call are Abu Dhabi then Muscat then Salalah before heading through the Suez Canal back to the med.

Would appreciate information in relation to visas for these initial destinations.

Do we need to obtain visas ?

If we do, then will we need to obtain them in advance or are they issued at customs in the ports when leaving the ship ?

Thanks

Graham

We did that route out to Dubai a couple of years ago We did not need visas for any of those countries.

Check here https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/united-arab-emirates/entry-requirements

Where it says you may get a Visitors Visa on arrival, I believe this is all done by the ship.

Great, thanks for the info Jean

Hi All,

We are flying out to Dubai from the UK next March to hook up with Oceana. First few ports of call are Abu Dhabi then Muscat then Salalah before heading through the Suez Canal back to the med.

Would appreciate information in relation to visas for these initial destinations.

Do we need to obtain visas ?

If we do, then will we need to obtain them in advance or are they issued at customs in the ports when leaving the ship ?

Thanks

Graham

We have done 3 Emirates cruises and never needed visas.

The ship did keep our passports until the last day as they were stamped in Dubai,AbuDhabi and Muscat.

Hi ZZRLAD,

We are on this cruise and I asked the same question to P & O. They basically confirmed what the other replies have said, UAE visas can be obtained on arrival and they will be issued on board for the Omani ports.

Thanks was hoping that would be the case.

Just booked this last night a sitter out an issue with flights this morning but to be honest P&O were great.

So now looking forward to the trip. It’s a fab itinerary what with Oman, Suez the To Dubrovnik and Venice. Hadn’t come across that combination before so though wow and booked what was left .😳😳😳

Are you on the roll call ?

Thanks was hoping that would be the case.

Just booked this last night a sitter out an issue with flights this morning but to be honest P&O were great.

So now looking forward to the trip. It’s a fab itinerary what with Oman, Suez the To Dubrovnik and Venice. Hadn’t come across that combination before so though wow and booked what was left .😳😳😳

Are you on the roll call ?

Not sure there is a roll call? I did try to start one but it all went a bit wrong and it never appeared- I'll join if anyone else is good enough to set it up.

We're not as fortunate as you as we fly home from Malta on 4 April so aren't doing Venice etc, still really looking forward to it though.

We have done 3 Emirates cruises and never needed visas.

The ship did keep our passports until the last day as they were stamped in Dubai,AbuDhabi and Muscat.

thanks mate, appreciate the information. Makes it less of a pain for the ship to sort things out then.

Not sure there is a roll call? I did try to start one but it all went a bit wrong and it never appeared- I'll join if anyone else is good enough to set it up.

We're not as fortunate as you as we fly home from Malta on 4 April so aren't doing Venice etc, still really looking forward to it though.

Exactly and why not. The ports of call are fascinating and the Suez transit will be one of the best lifetime experiences :):):)

thanks mate, appreciate the information. Makes it less of a pain for the ship to sort things out then.
Are you flying from Newcastle?

First time we had to fly to Heathrow then change to Dubai.

Second time we flew Emirates direct Newcastle- Dubai 1 pm flight.

Flight was 7 hours then a 4 hour time difference so it was midnight when we got there then straight to a hotel to sleep.

Last February on RC we flew non stop from Manchester with Emirates at 8.30 pm and arrived in Dubai at 7.30 am then got a taxi to the ships terminal.

Are you flying from Newcastle?

First time we had to fly to Heathrow then change to Dubai.

Second time we flew Emirates direct Newcastle- Dubai 1 pm flight.

Flight was 7 hours then a 4 hour time difference so it was midnight when we got there then straight to a hotel to sleep.

Last February on RC we flew non stop from Manchester with Emirates at 8.30 pm and arrived in Dubai at 7.30 am then got a taxi to the ships terminal.

Flying emirates from Glasgow direct, it’s an evening flight so similar times to your Manchester flights.

Then jet2 back from Malta.

Glad it’s emirates out to Dubai though, as have flown with them a few times. Can’t fault them.

Unless no choice, I wouldn’use Manchester as had a bad experience a few years ago where check in would not sit my wife and I together as we hadn’t paid extra. Apparently it wasn’t possible, well unless we paid.

So they put us about 15 rows apart. My wife had a row to herself and I put next to a lady and her child. Her other child was in another row and not through choice.

The cabin crew were aghast at this as the flight was only just over half full with plenty of empty rows. They moved us together.

Absolutely shocking attitude and behaviour from check in.

Flying emirates from Glasgow direct, it’s an evening flight so similar times to your Manchester flights.

Then jet2 back from Malta.

Glad it’s emirates out to Dubai though, as have flown with them a few times. Can’t fault them.

Unless no choice, I wouldn’use Manchester as had a bad experience a few years ago where check in would not sit my wife and I together as we hadn’t paid extra. Apparently it wasn’t possible, well unless we paid.

So they put us about 15 rows apart. My wife had a row to herself and I put next to a lady and her child. Her other child was in another row and not through choice.

The cabin crew were aghast at this as the flight was only just over half full with plenty of empty rows. They moved us together.

Absolutely shocking attitude and behaviour from check in.

That sounds like something Ryanair would do,they must have known the plane had plenty of spare seats.

We have flown many times from Manchester on other airlines with no problems so I wouldn't let it stop you flying from there again.

Great that the flight had plenty of spare seats so you could sit together.

That sounds like something Ryanair would do,they must have known the plane had plenty of spare seats.

We have flown many times from Manchester on other airlines with no problems so I wouldn't let it stop you flying from there again.

Great that the flight had plenty of spare seats so you could sit together.

Yep it all ended up well in the end but still had an issue with a junior member of the cabin crew who was very rude and obnoxious as I had changed seats. Well until I directed him to his boss who had arranged the change.

All just a bit of character building 😳😳

It was a Thomson holiday to Egypt for a Nile cruise. Fantastic holiday otherwise. It’s how I persuaded my wife to have a go at a ocean / sea cruise. Now got 3 booked so overall very happy .... lol

Yep think we were just unlucky with who checked us in.

This time choice was either Manchester or Glasgow. As both same distance and time from Newcastle then nothing really in it. But have also flown from Glasgow before and it was good so plumped for it.

P&O originally had us flying from Heathrow and returning to Gatwick which was awkward. When I called them to query they were great and sorted everything out very nicely.