Flowrider Age restriction?

zanydoc

Thank you-but when I was on Harmony last year, my son was 11 years old and I had to supervise him at all times. He of course could go on the flowrider because he met the height restriction, but they gave him a different colored wristband and wouldn’t let him ride if I even went to the restroom. Anyone else know this answer?

Thank you-but when I was on Harmony last year, my son was 11 years old and I had to supervise him at all times. He of course could go on the flowrider because he met the height restriction, but they gave him a different colored wristband and wouldn’t let him ride if I even went to the restroom. Anyone else know this answer?

That age is 13, for boogie as well as standup.

Is the parent has to be there a new rule? Or exclusive to Harmony? In the past it has only been height restrictions and they are strict about those.

Having a parent there is not a bad idea since people get hurt all the time but my kids have never been turned away when we where not there. But my kids are tall and they know how to do it having been riding them since they where like 7. My DD lives on that thing.

It's not just the Flowrider. When my youngest was 12 and started going to the Teen club, I actually had to go and "supervise" him during the Teen skate night and Teen Flowrider night or they would not let him participate. Talk about cramping his style! I did my best to hide in the shadows so the older kids didn't see daddy sitting there supervising him. Once he was 13 he could do everything on his own. This was on Allure so it's not a ship-specific policy.

The height requirement is totally separate. You have to make height or they don't let you ride, regardless of age. If you make height and are under 12, you must have an adult supervising.

My apologies - I was not aware of any such rule, and even looked it up before trying my response to confirm I was providing you with accurate information. Case in point, I have been on many cruises with my family, including a brother who spends his days at the FlowRider - boogie boarding (although he has tried standup a few times). On the Oasis in 2014, he was 11 and while our parents would sometimes go back there to be with him for a little bit, I don’t believe they ever spent the whole day watching him. Granted that was 5 years ago so the rules may have changed since then; if they have, I have yet to hear anything about it or see it posted anywhere. My apologies again for the confusion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the Oasis in 2014, he was 11 and while our parents would sometimes go back there to be with him for a little bit, I don’t believe they ever spent the whole day watching him. Granted that was 5 years ago so the rules may have changed since then; if they have, I have yet to hear anything about it or see it posted anywhere.

I've seen the staff require the kid show where the parent is the first one or two times they get on the ride, but after that the staff know they are OK and don't bother looking for the parent.