Celebrity millennium & Asia

LindsayC

We (me and my boyfriend) will be boarding the Celebrity Millennium on the 10th of November (Japan - China - Taiwan - Hong Kong). 4th cruise for us, 3th with Celebrity, first time on a M-class ship. We have some questions about the Millennium and cruising in Asia, we hope some of the more experienced cruiser here on cruise critic have some answers for us.

1. Sail away is at 8pm from Yokohama (Tokyo). Does anyone know what time the muster drill will be?

2. We have a C3 stateroom (concierge), I read they have a shower curtain (no shower door), could anyone confirm this?

3. Shanghai is one of our ports of call. I am planning to buy internet on board. I was wondering if I can check my email on gmail when in Shangai with the ships wifi. I heard gmail is blocked in China.

4. We will be staying in a stateroom with connecting doors. I read the noise from the connection room can be realy bad. Some people with experience that can comment?

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

Sorry in advance for any writing mistakes, English is not my native language.

Lindsay (& Siegfried)

Hi Lindsay,

Search for my post back in August, entitled

8pm departure but when to board.

I received several remarks about muster drills. Looks like it may be around 7:30. We're on the same cruise.

Thank you for the information!

Less than 6 weeks to go! :D

We (me and my boyfriend) will be boarding the Celebrity Millennium on the 10th of November (Japan - China - Taiwan - Hong Kong). 4th cruise for us, 3th with Celebrity, first time on a M-class ship. We have some questions about the Millennium and cruising in Asia, we hope some of the more experienced cruiser here on cruise critic have some answers for us.

1. Sail away is at 8pm from Yokohama (Tokyo). Does anyone know what time the muster drill will be?

2. We have a C3 stateroom (concierge), I read they have a shower curtain (no shower door), could anyone confirm this?

3. Shanghai is one of our ports of call. I am planning to buy internet on board. I was wondering if I can check my email on gmail when in Shangai with the ships wifi. I heard gmail is blocked in China.

4. We will be staying in a stateroom with connecting doors. I read the noise from the connection room can be realy bad. Some people with experience that can comment?

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

Sorry in advance for any writing mistakes, English is not my native language.

Lindsay (& Siegfried)

We have done 2 cruises in Asia on Millie in the last 2 years. Both cruises started in Hong Kong and ended in Shanghai. While I did not check my gmail while on the cruise ship. While I was on the cruise ship and going through Celebrity WiFi. I could access Comcast email, Google search and Facebook. When we were staying at Shanghai Disney we did not have access to google or google maps or Facebook. You can get a VPN account and set it up before you leave home and might be able to access gmail while in the city of Shanghai. Celebrity WiFi only works while your on the cruise ship.