Dancing on Oceana

ZZRLAD

hi all

My wife and I recently enjoyed the ballroom dancing on Cunards Queen Victoria. Mind you we are more like Frank & Betty than Fred & Ginger but we enjoy it and have a laugh doing so.

So my question is, will there be ballroom dancing opportunities on Oceana ? It will be a 21 night cruise.

Thanks

Graham

hi all

My wife and I recently enjoyed the ballroom dancing on Cunards Queen Victoria. Mind you we are more like Frank & Betty than Fred & Ginger but we enjoy it and have a laugh doing so.

So my question is, will there be ballroom dancing opportunities on Oceana ? It will be a 21 night cruise.

Thanks

Graham

We also enjoy dancing.

Yes, there will be plenty of dancing (Ballroom and Sequence) but unfortunately on Oceana as on some other P&O ships the Atrium is used as the dance floor. Not ideal but I am sure you will have a good time.

We also enjoy dancing.

Yes, there will be plenty of dancing (Ballroom and Sequence) but unfortunately on Oceana as on some other P&O ships the Atrium is used as the dance floor. Not ideal but I am sure you will have a good time.

That’s great to hear.

Can live with the venue. Looking foreword to it. Maybe will be able to look like we know what we are doing this time 😜😜

That’s great to hear.

Can live with the venue. Looking foreword to it. Maybe will be able to look like we know what we are doing this time 😜😜

Don't worry, dancing is all about enjoying yourselves and I am sure you will. :D

BTW, normally they will be free dance lessons during your sea days or at least there has been on all of our previous P&O cruises.

Don't worry, dancing is all about enjoying yourselves and I am sure you will. :D

BTW, normally they will be free dance lessons during your sea days or at least there has been on all of our previous P&O cruises.

Thanks, the dance lessons are certainly worth going to [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Hi, We sailed on the Oceania Insignia Panama Canal Crossing last June 2018. The band offered the best ballroom music we have experienced on any cruise, with two wooden dance floors and a band of excellent musicians eager to play any request. Since Holland has eliminated the Ocean Bar venue and Princess is eliminating the Wheelhouse Bar venue, we are desperate to find a cruise worth taking out of a Florida port! We find the Cunard floors excellent, but their bands are often off tempo. I would appreciate any input on ships that still offer a nice floor with a live group for ballroom dancing. We agree that BB King's is not conducive to dancing, since it is painfully loud and tends to long jazz riffs. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

1 hour ago, Merry Cerena said:

Hi, We sailed on the Oceania Insignia Panama Canal Crossing last June 2018. The band offered the best ballroom music we have experienced on any cruise, with two wooden dance floors and a band of excellent musicians eager to play any request. Since Holland has eliminated the Ocean Bar venue and Princess is eliminating the Wheelhouse Bar venue, we are desperate to find a cruise worth taking out of a Florida port! We find the Cunard floors excellent, but their bands are often off tempo. I would appreciate any input on ships that still offer a nice floor with a live group for ballroom dancing. We agree that BB King's is not conducive to dancing, since it is painfully loud and tends to long jazz riffs. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I think you've got your wires crossed. The OP was asking about P&O Oceana which sails out of the UK and this Winter Dubai but never Florida

Edited by tartanexile81