Question for Bonnie re 27 April Quest Japan Cruise

donaldsc

I decided to double check the ports on 4/27/19  and 5/12/19 since external websites differed from what Bonnie has said. Azamara Customer Service just responded that the 4/27/17 sailing will be from the Osanbashi Terminal in Yokohama and on 5/11/19 the Quest will dock at the Harumi Terminal in Tokyo, and not in Yokohama, which is about 40 miles from Yokohama. The Quest will sail the next day from the same terminal in Tokyo.

2 hours ago, BillC said:

I decided to double check the ports on 4/27/19  and 5/12/19 since external websites differed from what Bonnie has said. Azamara Customer Service just responded that the 4/27/17 sailing will be from the Osanbashi Terminal in Yokohama and on 5/11/19 the Quest will dock at the Harumi Terminal in Tokyo, and not in Yokohama, which is about 40 miles from Yokohama. The Quest will sail the next day from the same terminal in Tokyo.

What a confusing mess!!!!  It appears as if Azamara suffers from a serious case of left hand - left hand syndrome where the left hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

DON

On 11/9/2018 at 2:50 PM, BillC said:

On 10/31/2018 at 7:03 AM, rob&mich said:

When you check the port website for Tokyo on May 12th, it clearly shows the Quest docking in Tokyo not Yokohama.

Besides this confusion, where are the rest of the shore excursions for this trip? 

There aren't any more shore excursions on this cruise.  Half the ports have no shore excursions at all which has not been a problem for me as I generally do private tours.

However, this cruise has gotten to be a total mess and this mixup with cruise ports is the final straw.  I am totally sorry that I ever booked on it.  If I hadn't already paid for my air fare, I would cancel it and also the Japan to AK follow up cruise.  I used to say that people should cruise on Azamara because the cruises were good and the on board personnel were excellent.  No longer.  The on board personnel may still be good but the cruise line has become absolutely awful who have no qualms about scr**ing the customer.  I have done maybe 10 cruises on Azamara.  These 2 will be the last ones I ever do on them.

I like the ships.  I like the on board personnel.  I hate the company.

DON